IPO training in Northern AZ? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By A.droste

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

IPO training in Northern AZ?

Hello!
I'm new to GSDs and new to this forum but not new to dogs. I am wondering if there are any people in the northern Arizona area that are training for IPO. We are hoping to get our first GSD in the next year or two. (Yes, I'm big on planning ahead. LOL!) I would really like to start training our puppy with the right type of obedience styles that would prepare them (and me) for IPO. Do you guys have any recommendations on good obedience books that would help us with this? Also, we live in Flagstaff and the nearest clubs are in Phoenix. When the time comes we could potentially drive down on weekends but it is unrealistic for us to drive down during the week (2.5 hour drive). Would love to find out if there are people closer to us that we could possibly train with when the time comes. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 11:32 AM
Crowned Member

Farbenholt Kennels located in Dewey (an hour away from Flagstaff) offers training in IPO:

Farbenholt Kennels - Farbenholt Kennels

This site offers information on finding and choosing a club and what to do if there is none in your area:

SCHUTZHUND LIFE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Mary Beth! That's a great suggestion. I actually know Geri and Ray from the vet hospital I used to work at. Thanks for the reminder!
Mary Beth likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 07:42 PM

Ipo

Great question. My pup will be 6 mos old soon. I will be living in Pine AZ by summers end. I found out about Hillside Academy in Camp Verde,AZ. https://www.hillsidek9academy.com/. I have not been there yet but it wil be a little closer for me in Pine.

J
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 04:59 PM

Hi, I have a 7 year old female Dutch Shepherd that I got from Hillside K9. She is the most amazing dog I have ever owned! I actually just went up to Hillside K9 to do a protection training session with Shawn. They do group classes there, private lessons, protection training, etc. They also breed Malinois and Dutchies and have Mals, Dutchies and GSDs for sale. What I really like about Shawn is that he is very knowledgeable about the different breeds and more specifically, whether a particular dog would be a good candidate for IPO. I got my Dutchie because she had protection training and was exactly what I was looking for. They're having a protection training seminar on October 20 & 21st. They're going to have a few different decoys and scenarios, so I'm really looking forward to it. I think it would be a good opportunity to get more information and also see the types of dogs that do this type of training. I know of two French Ring clubs here, one in Cave Creek, one in Glendale. Don't know of any up near Flagstaff unfortunately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page