good clubs/trainers in Southern California? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By LancerandRara
  • 2 Post By LancerandRara
  • 1 Post By LancerandRara

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Question good clubs/trainers in Southern California?

I'm still kinda on the lookout for a club. I currently go to a club with people that seems very nice, but just not easy training-wise for newbies, as they mostly expect you to train OB on your own and they don't train tracking at all during club time lol. There also isn't a training director, but not that this is good or bad- I guess it depends. I'd still go to this club if I end up not finding another, but I'll end up having to wing a lot of things on my own, which I feel kind of insecure about if I end up training something incorrectly.

I'm located in Irvine, and I'd prefer to find one within an hour drive at most? Since I assume I would be going multiple times a week later on.

If anyone personally knows any trainers/clubs here, that would be great!

I've been to an iffy club with iffy people who ended up shutting down recently anyway, so I'd prefer if anyone happen to have personal recs, instead of just looking at the schutzhund club locator.

While they might not always be right, and you might not always agree, you can still find lessons to be learned from just about everyone.

Last edited by LancerandRara; 06-24-2017 at 10:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

I just met up with an awesome training group local to me today. That's all! No need for recs anymore.
lhczth likes this.

While they might not always be right, and you might not always agree, you can still find lessons to be learned from just about everyone.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 10:54 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerandRara View Post
I just met up with an awesome training group local to me today. That's all! No need for recs anymore.

Glad you had a great time! Would love to hear how it went when you have time

Paisley and TJ
Leyna and Levi, RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspiker03 View Post
Glad you had a great time! Would love to hear how it went when you have time
yes! I'll reply to your pm haha

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Who did you meet up with?

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
Who did you meet up with?
Bear State Working Dog Club, an unofficial club but they get together to train many times a week and great people it seems! The people I met so far are so welcoming and helpful. David Green does protection stuff with them.
lhczth and Glaicer like this.

Last edited by LancerandRara; 06-29-2017 at 05:40 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

David GREENE* I mean lol
lhczth likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 02:53 AM
JVM

Hi LancerandRara,
I am also in Orange County. I am looking for a good club in OC and I wanted to ask you to please share your experience. I have some experience training a working lines GSD but in 4 weeks I am getting a very strong female that I plan on training in IPO.
I've recently contacted Laguna Working Dog Club, Orange County Schutzhund Club and the club you mentioned in your post Bear State Working Dog Club (I contacted them through facebook, didn't find another way). I haven't heard back from either of them and I was very hopeful about the Bear club, still am. Are you still with the Bear State club? Where are they located exactly and is there another way to reach them? The club in Escondido looks like a good group of people also but I haven't reached out to them because it's a much further drive.
I was trying to PM you actually with all this but apparently I am a brand new member and the system doesn't allow to PM until a member has 5 posts(?).
Thank you!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 01:12 PM

ISO: Schutzhund Club in Los Angeles County

I am seeking a Schutzhund Club in Los Angeles County. I have reached out to a few and its very been very discouraging. 1. No one returns phone calls. 2. The list from USCA is outdated and the clubs are no longer functioning. 3. 2 IPO Clubs I have contacted will not accept anyone unless the dog is already titled.

If anyone could provide updated information in my area, that would be great. I have a new puppy coming and I have been trying to get things lined up with not much success in this area.

Thank you in advance,

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page