SchH/IPO Clubs/Trainers - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

SchH/IPO Clubs/Trainers

Trying to find a club near me. Greensburg, PA. 30 miles east of Pittsburgh, Pa. I contacted one club over 6 weeks ago but never got a return email or phone call. I also noticed no activity on their web page and facebook page. Can anyone help me find a club?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 08:13 AM
Crowned Member

There are a few in your area. Different organizations you can look into to. USCA, DVG, GSDCA. Below are the USCA clubs.

Go to here for PA clubs
https://www.germanshepherddog.com/re...17&cm=03&re=ne

And here for Ohio clubs
https://www.germanshepherddog.com/re...17&cm=03&re=me

Expect to drive a distance. I drive 3 hours north to my club and 3 hours south to a helper I work with.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 09:39 AM
Crowned Member

Contact Joeri Veth at Northern Borders LLC for training....he has a facebook page

I am near Monroeville - we train in Darlington, Beaver County....there is also a club, Keystone Buckeye Hundesport....but need to contact Joeri or his fiance Katie

Mountaineer in WV is probably closer...Joe Gribbons

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 10:21 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
Contact Joeri Veth at Northern Borders LLC for training....he has a facebook page

I am near Monroeville - we train in Darlington, Beaver County....there is also a club, Keystone Buckeye Hundesport....but need to contact Joeri or his fiance Katie

Lee
There is a place to train in Darlington?

If you need equipment to maintain control of your dog, understand you’re hanging on to your dog’s body because you’ve lost his mind!

Suzanne Clothier
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 10:31 AM
Crowned Member

Amanda Homan is in State College. She's a national/world level competitor and also a private trainer.
https://www.facebook.com/completecan...about.overview

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 11:08 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineAreWorkingline View Post
There is a place to train in Darlington?
Yes - Northern Borders LLC - Joeri Veth from the Netherlands, WUSV competitor....now living in Darlington, PA

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post

Lee
I never came across this one I'll have to check into it. I contacted one called Penn-Ohio but never heard back from them. I am actually in New Alexandria.
I really would like to just visit a club for now and see if this is for us (dog and me). After I posted this I discovered a few other disciplines that maybe more of what I'm looking for.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Crowned Member

It is a new club (USCA) so may not have been on the website when you were looking.....connected to a professional trainer's business....most people do privates with Joeri and some become club members....they have a CGC event this weekend I think, connected to the Beaver Valley Kennel Club...so maybe look that up and arrange a visit. Also, there are 2 upcoming trials in April and May.

Lee

wolfstraum.net
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Lee,
We are going to Westmoreland County Obedience Training Center this weekend to take the CGC test. I think it's Saturday. I see your a breeder wish I would have found you a year ago when I was looking. I will be again in the year so I'll keep you in mind, if that's OK. I would love to get together and pick your brain sometime. Where in Monroeville are you located? I grew up in that area, Turtle Creek, although I moved from there 35 years ago.
Thanks,
Alan
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 04:44 PM
Crowned Member

I have gone to WCOTC on and off through the years.....

No problem - give me a call sometime

Lee

wolfstraum.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page