Schutzhund competition - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Schutzhund competition

Came across this page and figured a couple on here may be interested. If not competing maybe watching.
Overview ? The Schutzhund Trainers League
car2ner likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 10:34 AM

North County Schutzhund in San Diego County, Ca. is hosting the Southwest Regional this weekend. I'll be attending as a visitor to watch my first IPO meet so I can get a better feel for the WL and to scout for potential small breeders that normally don't advertise. Looking forward to it!

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...utzhund%20club
cdwoodcox likes this.

“I sometimes look into the face of my dog Stan and see a wistful sadness and existential angst, when all he is actually doing is slowly scanning the ceiling for flies.”

~ Merrill Markoe (author, Nose Down, Eyes Up )
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch Hardtack View Post
North County Schutzhund in San Diego County, Ca. is hosting the Southwest Regional this weekend. I'll be attending as a visitor to watch my first IPO meet so I can get a better feel for the WL and to scout for potential small breeders that normally don't advertise. Looking forward to it!

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...utzhund%20club
Attended Saturday's trials. It was a quite exciting experience for me, as this was the first time personally watching dogs in action rather than on YouTube. The only disappointment experienced was the participants were segregated from the rest of the event by having their own private parking area, so I wasn't able to approach many handler/breeders for breeder info. I can understand it though so as to keep down the excitement level for the dogs. I did see some drop dead GORGEOUS dogs in action!
zetti, cdwoodcox and BlueFalc0n like this.

“I sometimes look into the face of my dog Stan and see a wistful sadness and existential angst, when all he is actually doing is slowly scanning the ceiling for flies.”

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Yes. I am looking forward to my first trials this spring. Watching. My dogs won't be ready for BH until later in the year
zetti likes this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwoodcox View Post
Yes. I am looking forward to my first trials this spring. Watching. My dogs won't be ready for BH until later in the year
How fun! I'm sure you'll have a blast attending.
zetti likes this.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 10:55 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch Hardtack View Post
Attended Saturday's trials. It was a quite exciting experience for me, as this was the first time personally watching dogs in action rather than on YouTube. The only disappointment experienced was the participants were segregated from the rest of the event by having their own private parking area, so I wasn't able to approach many handler/breeders for breeder info. I can understand it though so as to keep down the excitement level for the dogs. I did see some drop dead GORGEOUS dogs in action!
Oh, the Regionals are so fun! If you go to the USCA website, they will post results including the dogs' names so you can do some googling and track down the breeders.

I'm not sure if the USCA website posts results for regionals or not. Then you could google the individual dog's name and find the breeder that way.

You can also contact the host club for trial results.

https://www.germanshepherddog.com
Crunch Hardtack likes this.

Last edited by zetti; 02-12-2017 at 10:59 AM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetti View Post
Oh, the Regionals are so fun! If you go to the USCA website, they will post results including the dogs' names so you can do some googling and track down the breeders.

I'm not sure if the USCA website posts results for regionals or not. Then you could google the individual dog's name and find the breeder that way.

You can also contact the host club for trial results.

https://www.germanshepherddog.com
Thank you Zetti, that is very helpful info. Still plugging away...
zetti likes this.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 05:41 PM
Crowned Member

Helmut Raiser is judging this event. The organizers set that bar high! Dates changed to 10/14-15, 2017
https://www.facebook.com/PronouncedK...MELINE&fref=nf
zetti likes this.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18

Last edited by onyx'girl; 02-21-2017 at 05:47 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Crowned Member

@onyx'girl - will you be there? Thinking of making the trip and hoping a fellow club member gets her female signed up to compete.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 07:14 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
@onyx'girl - will you be there? Thinking of making the trip and hoping a fellow club member gets her female signed up to compete.
absolutely I'm going, wouldn't miss it as it is only a couple hours from me(but not competing, wish Karlo was younger!)
Jax08 likes this.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page