Fake Euro Titles - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 285Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 223 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Fake Euro Titles

Since people where asking..

When I hear "breeder is sending dog to Germany for titles" I think fake title.

Why?
1. There are plenty of trainers here that title dogs
2. The cost of simply shipping the dog to and from Germany is practically the same as what some trainers here charge for the titling
3. Midnight trials and interpretive judging/helper work are a well known Euro pass time in the SL world
4. The above is not so readily found in North America...hence why you have to ship your ****ter to Germany for that title

Case in point ... apparently these all had titles! Must have been an off day.

Don't get your panties in a bunch kids many of the dogs in the video could be titled with training and a ton of prep work. Whether they should be breeding is another topic all together.

The important thing is everyone had fun out there....
sit,stay likes this.

Bastian the Beast

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 223 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 12:34 AM
Crowned Member

That was sad.
That one dog cowering and then slinking to it's handler. That was painful to watch.
If your dog is that devastated you have either chosen the wrong dog or you seriously screwed up training.
Aside from the obviously lack of training a couple of those dogs were seriously frightened. And the one dog looked like it tried to go for the helpers face.
In your opinion could any of those dogs be successful?
post #3 of 223 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabis mom View Post
That was sad.
That one dog cowering and then slinking to it's handler. That was painful to watch.
If your dog is that devastated you have either chosen the wrong dog or you seriously screwed up training.
Aside from the obviously lack of training a couple of those dogs were seriously frightened. And the one dog looked like it tried to go for the helpers face.
In your opinion could any of those dogs be successful?

Depends on what you define as successful. Could they have looked more presentable? Yes.

Bastian the Beast

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 223 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 12:56 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg1 View Post
Depends on what you define as successful. Could they have looked more presentable? Yes.
No i mean actually successful. Do any of them appear suited for this from what you see?
post #5 of 223 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabis mom View Post
No i mean actually successful. Do any of them appear suited for this from what you see?

There are a few in there that you could probably do ok with in IPO (not competitive) but most of them wouldn't be worth the amount of work it would require..
None would make Police dogs.

Bastian the Beast

post #6 of 223 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 01:14 AM
Crowned Member

THats what I thought. Thanks.

If this is what is being titled what impact will this have on the kennels there and importing in general?
post #7 of 223 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 01:25 AM

I think one also has to be flexible. In other words you might like a particular dog sport but your dog is just not cut out for that. Well that is the chance you take when you buy a puppy. So if your dog isn't enjoying that sport - you should be flexible to switch to another sport that your dog enjoys. You can't force a dog to enjoy a sport and you won't be successful by insisting.

I learned this with horses. I bought a basically untrained horse - she was off the track and then used as a brood mare before I purchased her. I wanted to do hunters but she really hated it. I switched over to Dressage - something I wasn't particularly interested in and she absolutely loved it! Then I bred her years later and the filly totally enjoyed dressage but I was willing to switch to another discipline if needed. You always hear happy wife - happy life - well the same applies to horses - keep them happy and you are less apt to end up with a sour horse with a negative attitude towards work
wolfy dog likes this.
post #8 of 223 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 07:56 AM
Crowned Member

To many in showlines, the IPO requirement is a nuisance and the only activity that "matters" is show placements. All they need is an IPO1 to be bred - in Germany you can koer as long as you get a 70-70-80, here you can breed without a koer so 70-70-70 will put the female into the whelping box. And with many clubs and judges, that 70-70-70 is not so hard to come by....problem is that people see what they want to see and justify and excuse what should be unacceptable behaviors.

I disagree that there are "many places" here to send a dog for training/titles....not so.....many showline females go to Germany, are shown a few times, rushed through a title, koer classed, bred to a big name male and brought home to a live of breeding. The opportunities for this in Germany are numerous....most serious show people here have a relationship with a breeder in Germany who does or oversees this process for them...a male might be campaigned over there and shown at the Sieger show to come home with credentials making him more attractive for stud or with exposure beneficial for his show career here under SV judges. The value of and the demand for the offspring of a showline dog increases significantly with a good show record in Germany.

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #9 of 223 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Crowned Member

Interesting video.....I assumed there would be some fails...

I have a stupid question.......it seemed most every dog when running in for the bite....would raise its ears...from a lowered position..... as it neared the decoy ........is this a telltale of the dog becoming indecisive?

SuperG

Hündin 32CACT, 2334CSAT, 2016 GAA 2.85
post #10 of 223 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 09:40 AM
Crowned Member

Welp. That was fun to watch.

You will walk when it is time to walk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page