Looking For Some Information and Tips - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Looking For Some Information and Tips

Hi everyone! I am interested in getting some information on the Schutzhund sport and any tips anyone might have. I currently have Ronin, my 10 month old GSD but he's not suitable for this sport because of his Fear Aggression. So, I am looking at getting a second dog in about 2 years when Ronin is fully grown for the sole purpose of this sport. The training we did with Ronin to work on the aggression issues is with a well known Schutzhund trainer in our area, who has helped me see what methods need to be used and how things are done in the sport. I REALLY want to do this sport, but I am researching it in depth first before I decide if this is going to be a good idea for me or not. I don't want to start putting money away for a dog and sport that I get in to for a couple months and realize I can't handle it or do it.

I have set up an appointment with my trainer to go and see their club this weekend and one of their training sessions to see if I like the look of the sport. The new trainer has been great in helping me understand the different parts of the sport, but I would like to know other people's experiences and any tips they may have for me. Again, this is going to be 2 years down the road, but I want to be prepared and start saving up because it's not going to be cheap. I also plan on having Ronin doing the obedience side of the sport, because he responds well to it. If it weren't for the fear aggression of other dogs, Ronin would have been a perfect candidate for the sport according to our trainer. But that doesn't mean that we can't still train as if we want to do it.

Any tips or suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance!

"I am your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are my life, my leader. I will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of my heart"-I am the German Shepherd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page