Bite Sport Club Membership Fees - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Bite Sport Club Membership Fees

We are finalizing our new PSA club and deciding on dues tomorrow. Does anyone here mind posting what your club charges and some of the following questions? I do not need to know the name and location of the club, but I wouldn't mind.

Indoor or Outdoor facilities or both?

What are annual membership dues and what do you pay per session? How many times is your dog run per session and is it obedience and bitework?

Who makes club decisions i.e. how to spend the club money?

I am working on this to present Thursday night and if you guys could help out, that would be great, thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OFA Good/Normal | DM Clear

Last edited by Suka; 02-24-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 01:25 PM

With any sort of club it is important to have officers and/or board. President, VP, treasurer etc. This helps to ensure the money is being used properly, no unilaterial decisions etc.

I train with a schutzhund club. $400 annually, but includes USCA membership.
$100 for a new handler/dog to be evaluated
$20 for a guest handler/dog

We train inside in the winter, outside in the summer. Club covers facility fees. Typically no fees other than membership. Seminars and guest helpers may require additional $. One obedience session and up to two protection sessions per training day.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 01:33 PM
Knighted Member

Mine isn't exactly a club. It's a class, meaning we have an instructor at it is at his training facility.

We have been indoor. Not sure if they do outdoor in the summer?

We each get two turns. It is mostly bitework.

$275/year plus $10 per class for equipment replacements.

n/a or it is up to the owner/instructor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Helpful. Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 01:38 PM
Master Member

I train with a club ..

Indoor - Winter
Outdoor - Summer

$150.00 annually + $100 GSSCC membership.

We train 2x a week... in the winter its kept normally to one round OB and one round PRO per dog. Sessions are usually 10-15 minutes.

New members eval and 6 sessions free before asking to become a full member.

The Exec makes the decisions.

Courtney M.
SG1
, BH 07/01/2013
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Nice. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from others!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 03:40 PM
Crowned Member

Hi Suka,
I got your messages. I'll just respond here.

The group I train with now is basically a pay to play and we only do protection. First time visitors are free. After that it's $25 per dog per session(training day). Some dogs get multiple trips to the field. It all depends on what the dog and or handler need at that time. Our field is outdoors at the TD's house. He's a farmer with a lot of land. Events are and insurance are for most part paid by him or the members who want to participate all chip in. Sorry I'm not much help.

T17 Working Dogs-

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 04:09 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

something I forgot to mention when we talked yesterday is that in the winter we did have a horse barn to go to. It was $10 per week per person to cover the heat (in the observation room) and lights. We always left the observation room cleaner than when we arrived. There was also a bathroom and kitchen.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Crowned Member

I don't remember my dues for sure - In the neighborhood of 350 per year with DVG dues included. No charge for anything unless we have a seminar. We have a club house, access to indoor training area in case of bad weather. Tracking is off site - but club membership includes all phases of training. Fees for trials are $30 a part (so an IPO 1, 2, or 3 would be $90. Tracking 1, 2, or 3 would be $30 each).

My prior club (now 2k miles away) charged about 375 a year (we had to rent the field and clubhouse) + 90 DVG dues. To start with we had a regular helper. Later, he was unable to continue so we paid a helper. That cost 25$ a go. You could bring your dog out however many times you wanted but it cost 25$ each time. If you were working two dogs in protection (before the hired helper) you paid an extra $125 a year. (not sure how that works now.)

What you need to do is figure out what your costs are, how many members you have and charge accordingly or else figure on some major fund-raisers. (Like a consession stand at trials etc.) You are going to have to base it on your expenses. Once you build up a reserve fund, you can refigure this is you want to.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 06:29 PM
Master Member

PSA dues for the year $250 We train in doors at a warehouse a member owns and at another member's building training facility.

Visitor/evaluation is $20 per dog.

Sometimes we rent a field and pay a field fee there - $10 per dog goes to the field owner.

SchH is $240 for the year and we train at the president's home/field. Plus whatever org you join -can go either dvg or usca.

Enzo v TeMar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page