Equipment - Jumps - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Equipment - Jumps

Jumps! What kind do you have? What do you like about it? What do you dislike? Is it easy to pack and set up? Move up and down? Does it have guides available for the top?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 09:58 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Jumps! What kind do you have? What do you like about it? What do you dislike? Is it easy to pack and set up? Move up and down? Does it have guides available for the top?
Max200 is right down the road from me. Very knowledgeable. Talked to them a few times. Not plugging them, but they do agility and have helped out local pd for demos. MAX 200 Performance Dog Equipment | A-Frames | Dog Walks | Tables | Tunnels | Weave Poles | Wood One-Piece Competition Dumbbells|Dog Competition Dumbbells|Wood Dumbbells | One-Piece Wood Dumbbells Jumps and Agility, Obedience and Flyball Equipment

Snitches get stitches.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I don't see IPO jumps there, cloudpump? Only AKC and agility

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Elite Member

I'll stop by there soon. My "friend" is going to go there for ob training and I'll ask if they do what your need. Maybe next week....

Snitches get stitches.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 10:39 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

My jump is wood and home made with metal brackets holding the base together. It was inexpensive, is easy to add or remove the boards so you can start the dogs low and is fairly durable. Negatives is that it isn't as easy to load up and take places or to move (though, it isn't that heavy once I removed most of the boards) as the portable trial types. My club has one of the latter so my dogs can get used to it.

I will be ordering an aluminum wall at some point. They are expensive, but I want to be able to move it for mowing and to put it inside in the winter. My club has one of these and it seems to be holding up well and it is well used. We also have one of the 600 million pound ones that takes 6 people to move. Even the wood ones are just too heavy for me. LOL I need to be able to move mine.
Aluminum Scaling Wall | Dog Agility Wall | ActiveDogs.com

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 09:19 AM
Crowned Member

I made my jump with 3/4" PVC sprinkler pipe and a white plastic bag that I can roll it up in. $5, maybe.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 09:30 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Strom View Post
I made my jump with 3/4" PVC sprinkler pipe and a white plastic bag that I can roll it up in. $5, maybe.

This is how I made mine as well. Easy to break down and transport. I also made mine adjustable for height by using "T's" at various heights.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 09:37 AM
Crowned Member

That's the same thing I did, with the T's. A friend loaned me her Gappay, its obviously nicer, but the PVC is just as functional for a fraction of the cost.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 09:42 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Strom View Post
That's the same thing I did, with the T's. A friend loaned me her Gappay, its obviously nicer, but the PVC is just as functional for a fraction of the cost.

Exactly. Now if I could only find a cheap way to make an A-frame that would fold up like the Jetsons car for transportation that would be great.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 01:28 PM

I made a jump for Chunk out of 1" pvc pipe to regulation height using a break away top bar. I cut the receiving nipples in half horiszontally so that the top bar rests in the slot securely but will pop out if the dog misses. To make the frame stronger I put a cross bar at about 30 inches which when we are working on our Cavaletti's training he can use a lower jump. (The other two jumps for that type of training are old cut down saw horses.) The feet are about 15" long on each side of the frame so that it is stable.
When we first started Chunk tried to jump in between the top and lower bar so I added cardboard to the top bar and it now works well for training. Not great looking but very functional.. All for about $30.00 or so..
I have a van so I don't have to worry about storage but if I hadn't glued it together it would have been easy to put it together with out most of the parts glued together...

Have fun...

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page