Training with almost no recent working bloodline - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Training with almost no recent working bloodline

Hi everyone! First let me say thanks to everyone here for the wealth of knowledge. This site has been a great place for me to learn and research this awesome breed.

I adopted my first gsd 2 months ago from a couple who was forced to re-home him. According to the couple his dad was a retired police dog. I highly doubt that because according to his pedigree his father was WH which if I understand correctly means white. I have never seen a white police dog but who knows. I cannot say enough good things about him, and I couldn't be more happy with my puppy we have completed basic obedience and started attending a schutzhund club here in TX. We play, train and walk every day and I continue to be impressed with how fast he learns and how smart he can be. I finally got his pedigree in the mail and wanted to look into his bloodline.

I wasn't expecting much recent working history being that I adopted him and I was correct. The only work history on pedigree database is on his mothers side 4 generations back. From there on is constant working dogs.

I just wanted to see if anyone here has had success, tips, opinions, or stories with working a dog that has this little work history in recent family tree. I'm going to continue to attend the club because we both really enjoy it but I would love to hear opinions/experiences if anyone is willing to share them.

Sorry for the long post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Crowned Member

A good dog is a good dog.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
A good dog is a good dog.
Haha thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page