E-Collar Recommendations/Secondary Obedience - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

E-Collar Recommendations/Secondary Obedience

Hi All,
I'm looking for some recommendations for an E-Collar. We've come to the point where my corrections albeit well timed are not strong enough during protection and are just increasing his drive.

I had Cuervo's breeder work him last weekend and evaluate where we are, I want to squash the problem before it gets out of control...secondary obedience is going to be our struggle in protection. He's very attentive to the prong in obedience but it doesn't phase him a bit in protection so it was suggested to move to an E-Collar.

I'm also open to any tips on how to build secondary obedience - right now we've got sit/look/wait down and have worked in a couple steps at a proper heel but that was with him being double handled and knowing the correction wasn't coming from me. We started doing pylon work, heeling around tugs and bite pillows which seems to be helping.

Thanks for your time! Any questions, I'll do my best to answer

Courtney M.
SG1
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, BH 07/01/2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Crowned Member

Educator/Einstein, Dogtra, Tritronic, are commonly mentioned. We have an Educator ET 300 and a Dogtra 2300, both have worked well for us. You might try asking those you train with what they use.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 01:37 PM

Dogtra 2300ncp! My favorite that I've tried. Read a ton of reviews and researched the different brands before I got into ecollars. Liked dogtra the best and have used a few different models and the 2300 was definitely my favorite in terms of quality and features. Love that it charges in two hours vs some of the older models that take up to 10 hours, and the charge lasts for many days if you remember to turn it off after use.
I think Einstein sounds like a pretty good brand as well... But can't stand the design of the remote... Round and bright yellow.... Don't like lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Crowned Member

I like both my Einstein and my sport dog. No other advice other than breaking all the exercises back down to their basic components, which in sure you already know 😉

Feuergarten German Shepherds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDog View Post
I like both my Einstein and my sport dog. No other advice other than breaking all the exercises back down to their basic components, which in sure you already know ��

Yes, we're taking a slow and steady approach. He's a very black and white dog so I have to make sure things are clear for both of us.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look into them. The only e-collar users in our club use Dogtras as well.

Courtney M.
SG1
, BH 07/01/2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page