Schutzhund/Protection/Aggression modification training in Hampton Roads Virginia - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Schutzhund/Protection/Aggression modification training in Hampton Roads Virginia

I have an almost 2 year old female German Shepherd with working bloodlines that is showing aggression towards strangers. She was bred for Schutzhund and I believe training her for that would help with a lot of her frustration. I live in Hampton Roads (Norfolk) of Virginia but am willing to travel a decent distance for a reputable trainer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 10:08 AM

I train in Waldorf MD. It's an hour drive for us. I think that doing any kind of sport activity with your gal will help, be it Agility, IPO or Ring sport. The idea that the two of you go out and work together as a team is a move in the right direction.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 10:18 AM
Crowned Member

I don't know the geography and relationship of towns in VA - try looking at the United Schutzhund Club's website (germanshepherddog.com) to see where there is a club close....I know Schutzhund Village is in VA and that the training there is going to be correct and good quality....I believe Christine is going there with her male now.....(blackthorn kennels)

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhhaley View Post
I have an almost 2 year old female German Shepherd with working bloodlines that is showing aggression towards strangers. She was bred for Schutzhund and I believe training her for that would help with a lot of her frustration. I live in Hampton Roads (Norfolk) of Virginia but am willing to travel a decent distance for a reputable trainer.
I am close to you and train regularly. You can bring your dog out and I would be happy to evaluate her. I am sending you a PM.

Jim

“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance”. George Bernard Shaw

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page