WUSV.....why bother.... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

WUSV.....why bother....

Until H+H decide to retire I personally think they own it...there are some great comp dogs out there but he and Helmut are the obvious standard....Congrats to them and all the competitors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Knighted Member

I personally think this is a very condescending thing to say. Just to get to the WUSV with your dog takes a tremendous effort and is a great honor.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Crowned Member

robk , I think you misread Husky . They said that Helmut and H are so good that they can't be beat . That's not condescending , that is the ultimate praise. Husky feels they are not worthy of being a competitor while Helmut still reigns, deservedly so.

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Knighted Member

Not true. Any dog, as with any athlete, can be beat on any given day. That's why you have to go out there and compete. To say "why even bother" is an insult to everyone one who tries.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 09:04 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Not true. Any dog, as with any athlete, can be beat on any given day. That's why you have to go out there and compete. To say "why even bother" is an insult to everyone one who tries.

Agreed.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
they are not worthy of being a competitor while Helmut still reigns, deservedly so.
Really? So should everyone just go home?

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 09:14 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Hank is almost 7. He won't be competing for much longer. Maybe one more year.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Crowned Member

Maybe because for a lot of people, just the experience qualifying and getting the opportunity to be part of a team representing their country and traveling abroad with their dog would be worth it even if they placed last?

I have competed in one national level event with one of my dogs and am doing another this weekend (this is not IPO) and while it's not an international level event and due to their being several divisions, it is much easier to qualify for than something like the WUSV, but even then it is still an experience and we are all excited to go. My goal for this weekend is to be clean. If I avoid costing my team due to any handling errors, for me that is success regardless of where we actually place. I already have a pretty good idea of which dogs/teams will be competing for the top spot and am excited to get to see that.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Good point, Lies. Also, for many it isn't just about being on the podium themselves, but being there with and for their team and representing their country.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 04:58 PM
Crowned Member

Exactly. Look at where USA, as a team, ended up! They should be very proud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page