my ols schuts club over run with labs & BC getting BH's? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
x11
Banned

my ols schuts club over run with labs & BC getting BH's?

to stop membership going to just the TD the club had to do something to survive and justify locking up much contested public space - they allowed BC's in to do the BH, these dogs are all old campainers that have run out of titles to get thru the AKC and frankly most get the BH in no time and look a whole lot smarter than the GSD's. they also are allowed to get a tracking title which they all get easy. most already have tracking titles.

the handlers only do it cos they want to keep training and getting titles just for titles sake.

are these BH and tracking leg legitimate titles recognised by the world schuts peeps (if there is such a thing) or just bits of paper printed out by the club??

sadly the club has mals doing actuall schuts titles, and mainly BC, labs....all over the field, the only gsd you really see are show dogs getting a breed survey on the schuts field cos i guess it makes there lame breed survey which any mutt from the pound could pass in terms of the temp test "feel" more german and real.

i actually got asked back to join but my ego and pride got in the way cos they shunned my puppy.

so sad when it becomes elitism versus survival and elitism loses, sad for the elitists that is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Crowned Member

Where I am, any dog that can do the sport can be in the sport. There were 4 Rottweilers there the day I went. Dalmatians would be really good at it.

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
x11
Banned

obviously nobody is going to take an adult bc/lab that and start it in protection work so they just "title" in BH and tracking, and i meant to say do all the obed pahse from 1 to 3. actually on trial daysas well.

i might add and they get judged and points from a regular schuts judge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Crowned Member

I believe in Europe the BH is a standard temperament and obedience test for all breeds.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
x11
Banned

makes sense, i think it should actually be harder and less precision focussed, like actually take yr dog out in a busy public area with real vehicle traffic and random dogs and people everywhere. too much liability i guess.

if it was possible i would love to be internetlly assessed in the MH? that seems like a more legit temp test than the BH imo.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Elite Member

I know SO many breeds that have BH's. Frankly, I am happy to see anyone working any dog in any sport. SchH is hard, takes a lot of work, commitment, and time. I am impressed with a title, even if it is "only" a BH lol. Our club has rotties, GSDs, a pit bull, and a boxer(Rotties are all titled, some all the way to SchH 3, GSD-BH, Boxer-BH, Pit Bull-Just joined). They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I love seeing different breeds and how they act. My TD is of the mindset-if the dog can do the work and likes it-they aren't going to get turned away. I know a lot of clubs aren't like that, and are more "purests," meh...whatever.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
x11
Banned

i was recently dissapointed to learn that some euro sports only allow certain breeds or registries to compete - i thought these orgs just had the best dogs just cos they had the best dogs, when you lock a dog out cos of breed/papers or who it is registered with is a big negative for working dogs.

we have stock dog trials here in open country, real tough challenges with big prize money at stake, best dog wins no matter what breed, nobody even asks what breed yr dog is, a stupid question really to true working dog folks.

thats true competition which makes breeders breed better not breeding cos pedigree papers are a form of currency.

like asians that dominated martial arts by not allowing whitey to compete, a frind of mine finally got into a big title match and beat the unbeatable champ, they did not like it but in the end they raised their own standards to become competitive again, some lesson in their for the dog world.

Last edited by x11; 05-19-2013 at 09:47 PM.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 11:08 AM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Schutzhund is open to all breeds, registered and not-registered. I started with my shelter mixed breed rescue. Got me hooked on training and interested in getting a working line GSD.

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Crowned Member

I really don't understand the issue with a lab or bc getting a bh, ob, or tracking title? Anyone can enter a trial.........bh is pass or fail. Something any breed should be able to do! Protection work is another story...

J, mom to:
- Elsa - "Da Pookins"
- Medo - "The Beast From The East"
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlemaid View Post
Schutzhund is open to all breeds, registered and not-registered. I started with my shelter mixed breed rescue. Got me hooked on training and interested in getting a working line GSD.
Our club is the same - we welcome anyone with a dog able to do the work and those who was dedicated to the sport and club.

We currently have 1 ACD training with us and he has probably more drive than most of our GSD's! He's fun to watch work although he has yet to do any C phase work but will probably start that this fall.

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page