Such a small world - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Such a small world

New neighbors across the street... Noticed them eyeballing my dog trailer when they were outside. Figured "oh no... New neighbor is uncomfortable". Talked to him a few days ago and as it turns out his father is a prominent trainer/handler in IPO. His dad has been a member of the WUSV World Championship Team for WDA, WUSV World Championship Team for USA, competitor at the WDA National Championship, multi time competitor at the USA National Championship, and a Regional Champion. Crazy huh? The dog world is so small lol

Hunter, CWDC UScA Helper
Beschützer des Jägers v.d. Sportwaffen
Katya v. Hügelblick
SG Aska v. Ketscher Wald
Yōkai v.d. Sportwaffen
Arya v. Allrothaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Banned

Neighbor was probably thinking, "these dog wacko-s are everywhere!"
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by martemchik View Post
Neighbor was probably thinking, "these dog wacko-s are everywhere!"

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Crowned Member

Why does this stuff never happen to me?! I live in a metro area of over a million people and cannot find one half decent helper (that I would gladly pay quite a bit to work with). Everyone I know thinks I'm swearing when I say "Schutzhund".
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 06:26 PM

I was 1,500 miles from home, and I see a group of people working dogs, with blinds set up in a field visible from the road. I go over to say hello, and one of the people there training with the club used to live 10 miles from me. Pop my dog out, and their German visiting decoy takes a few bites for me.

I've got about 5 other stories like this..."dog world is a small world".

Interests:
Police K9/Explosive Detection/IPO/Ring
Working GSD/Malinois

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Crowned Member

I'm with Liesje, this stuff never happens to me.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Knighted Member

How cool! ...I wish that were my neighbors!!

Doesn't happen here... Instead I get the idiot that doesn't know what a leash and her property line is!

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:34 AM

We were out tracking once in a farmers field down a country lane in the least populated county in England in the middle of nowhere when a woman pulls up in her car and wanders down towards us. I didn't know what I thought she was going to say, but I definitely didn't expect her to ask 'are you doing schutzhund tracking?'.

Me and dad just looked at each other in amazement. We know pretty much everyone in the working dog world over here, there are only about 300 members of IPO clubs in total in the whole country, so it was a surprise to come across someone who had even heard of schutzhund let alone identify schutzhund style tracking, stop the car in the middle of nowhere and come and ask us about it.

It turned out she is the German Shepherd Health Co-ordinator for the Kennel Club and was just randomly passing by. We had a great conversation about old lines going back to the 70's. Very interesting!

|
|
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 11:08 AM

Closest I came while out somewhere was I met a guy who's ex-wife's second cousin twice removed knew a guy who could spell schutzhund.

Keith Jenkins
Excalibur vom Herrschaft SchH3,FH,StP.3,BH,TD
Breitta v. Schwarzen Kobold BH,TR1
Argus von der Aunkst SchH3,BH,AD
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
Why does this stuff never happen to me?! I live in a metro area of over a million people and cannot find one half decent helper (that I would gladly pay quite a bit to work with). Everyone I know thinks I'm swearing when I say "Schutzhund".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page