German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Schutzhund/IPO Training (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/schutzhund-ipo-training/)
-   -   How long should she be on rag? (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/schutzhund-ipo-training/229554-how-long-should-she-rag.html)

Anita11811 02-23-2013 08:36 PM

How long should she be on rag?

I have a 6 month old female who is doing rag work... because of the weather and road conditions and breeder/ trainer being busy, we only worked on rag about 4 times. She is great at it..! wondering how much longer she will be on rag until she moves to either puppy wedge or puppy sleeve.

Thanks guys.

Liesje 02-23-2013 08:43 PM

Depends on the dog, trainer, your goals and training style. One of my dogs worked on a rag a few times, the other never ("oven mit" once during teething and then intermediate or trial sleeve).

onyx'girl 02-23-2013 08:46 PM

You can put her up til she's a year, and if she has it, she has it. Work on the OB and tracking(or whatever other exercises depending on your venue) in the meantime. My pup never really played with a 'rag' but went right to the intermediate after teething. I could have started him at 18 months with the same results.

Snickelfritz 02-23-2013 08:47 PM

I so thought this topic mean something else:sick::blush::eek::D

lhczth 02-23-2013 09:17 PM

:rofl: Snickelfritz, that thought ran into my head too. :)

Snickelfritz 02-23-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhczth (Post 3040306)
:rofl: Snickelfritz, that thought ran into my head too. :)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one LOL:blush:

Capone22 02-23-2013 09:50 PM

How long should she be on rag?

Lol totally thought we were talking about her heat. U guys are not alone

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

onyx'girl 02-23-2013 09:55 PM

I chose not to laugh or gag, at the title! Maybe an admin could doctor it up so it isn't so distracting!?

ksotto333 02-23-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snickelfritz (Post 3040474)
I'm so glad I'm not the only one LOL:blush:

Me too...:D

Snickelfritz 02-23-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onyx'girl (Post 3040562)
I chose not to laugh or gag, at the title! Maybe an admin could doctor it up so it isn't so distracting!?

Awww, well it is a GOOD title!

I'm not into SAR, or tracking, or much obedience at this point at all, lol.

But I think I'll keep checking this thread to find out what ragging is all about lol.

Maybe I will learn something ! That would be impressive, actually. Because I'm lazy. :eek::D

Sorry to hijack your thread OP. :blush: