equipment questions - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

equipment questions

wolf had his first evaluation today and we're going to persue personal protection. our trainer said we needed a nice thick leather collar, a good thick long leed (leather, synthetic, or thick nylon), and a short leed. we went to 5 petstores and found nothing. can any of you recommend a place online i can get them? i don't want to just buy anything online, i'm afraid it may be cheap-that's why i didn't just google it...hoping for some recommendations from you pros
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Crowned Member

Elite Hallmark Ray Allen to name a few.... You'll need to buy it online, no local 'pet' stores will carry what you want, and the quality is usually good at the ones above or they would have complaint after complaint. I've never been disappointed.

Did your trainer suggest places to order from?

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

thanks! he suggested this one local pet place, but they were out in our size and we need them by next saturday, so i thought it might be quicker to order online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Crowned Member

Elite has quick shipping, I get orders within a couple of days without spending for overnight/that has always been my experience. Hallmark is the same, I've not ordered from Ray Allen.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

thanks so much i really appreciate it! (wolfy does too )
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Crowned Member

I use Elitek9, All k9, Hallmark, and Leerburg mostly.

Feuergarten German Shepherds

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Crowned Member

You can get the collar at fleet farm for cheap. You buy a calf collar and cut it down. Same thing as an agitation collar, but cheap and easy to buy.

I use a 1/2" - 6 " leather leash for the long one and cut the handle off of a 1/4" - 4' lead for a short one. I get these from the pet store or else you can also get these from fleet farm.

You can also go on-line to the places above and get the official, but more expensive version.

Elaine and the herd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page