Breed Survey - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Breed Survey

I noticed that there is going to be a breed survey in my area this fall. I would like to know more/all there is to know!

When is a dog old enough to participate? How do you go about getting a handler. How do you train for the event? Will the handler evaluate your dog to see if you should even attempt to show? Do people show even if they have no desire to use their dog in breeding?

Thanks in advance for your share of knowledge.lol..I need it!

Max Von Zahnderhaus -CGC- DOB 2/14/2012
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tim the Collie- RN -DOB 4/01/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Crowned Member

Isn't the breed survey multifaceted with one part being Schutzhund? I thought the breed survey was more than a conformation report of the dog.

Willy
RATCHX3 High Jinks vom Neuanfang - Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013 DN, SG, SR, CA
Inspire Spark to Ignition! (Ignite) Gotchya Day: 10/8/2016
C-ATCH Pimg - RATO, UJJ (x2), DJX, HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildo View Post
Isn't the breed survey multifaceted with one part being Schutzhund? I thought the breed survey was more than a conformation report of the dog.
Oh..I dont know obviously..lol. I was thinking there was some type of a conformation aspect..can you just participate in that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Knighted Member

Sorry but what is your question? Would you like to know what a breed survey is or is it that there going to be a trial/conformation show in your area that you would like to participate in?

Ash

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

The event is titled "A Conformation Show and Breed Survey"..Basically, what is that and can I show Max in it? He is 8 months old.

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Knighted Member

Ah ok yes. That is a SV conformation show and breed survey. You can show your male in the conformation show. Enter him either in the 6-9 month or 9-12 month category depending on how old he will be on show day. He can get a German SV show rating of VP (very promising) or P (promising). Google "entering sv conformation show" and you will find a very nice article by Liesje on how SV shows usually go. You can find a handler the day of or you can email the show secretary and ask if there is a handler they can match you up with. Many times handlers will email and say they are available for so and so class. You can email and find out if they will handle for you. You can also just find someone on show day. Just ask around and you can find someone.

Here are the requirements to obtain a breed survey certification. An example of a breed survey rating is "KK1a" koered the highest for life. You are not eligible for a breed survey with your pup at this time.
SV Breed Survey | Fred Lanting
United Schutzhund Clubs of America - Breed Survey Regulations

Ash

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 05:38 PM

I could be wrong but I thought the requirements for breed survey participation were...

1. IPO (1 or 2 or 3) titles
2. Min 2 years of age
3. Hips certified
4 Show rating
5. AD (endurance 12 mile run) test cert

and perhaps others.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Crowned Member

ponyfarm- this answers my question too:

Quote:
3. Requirements for participation at breed surveys
- Proof at least a SchH-1 or IP-1 Prüfung (test) under an SV Leistungsrichter (performance judge); including at least 80 points in section C, the courage and protection phase;

Willy
RATCHX3 High Jinks vom Neuanfang - Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013 DN, SG, SR, CA
Inspire Spark to Ignition! (Ignite) Gotchya Day: 10/8/2016
C-ATCH Pimg - RATO, UJJ (x2), DJX, HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Knighted Member

Yes, the links I posted have the pre-requirements and requirements to pass your breed survey.

Requirements for participation at breed surveys:
- The Körung is appropriate only for German Shepherd Dogs registered in the breed book of the SV, and which have coats classified as “Stockhaar” or “Langstockhaar mit Unterwolle” (translation: “straight topcoat hair” or “long straight topcoat” — both requiring wooly undercoat). In the year of the Körung they must be at least two years old;

- Proof at least a SchH-1 or IP-1 Prüfung (test) under an SV Leistungsrichter (performance judge); including at least 80 points in section C, the courage and protection phase;

- Proof of an AD examination under an SV judge;

- “a”-stamp for hips, shown in the Ahnentafel [certified SV pedigree. Translator’s note: an equivalent issued in another country where the dog resides is satisfactory];

- ED stamp for elbows also in the Ahnentafel (if born after 01.01.2004, required starting in the 2008 show season);

- Proof of a minimum quality evaluation of “Good” under an SV judge.

Ash

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Knighted Member

Breed survey is not just conformation. Dog has to pass a gun test, protection and temperament test as well. Dog's conformation, measurements/size, dentition etc is checked.

Ash

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page