German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Schutzhund/IPO Training (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/schutzhund-ipo-training/)
-   -   Matthias & Xanther vom Haus Puerkner at Bundessiegerpruefung in Bayreuth (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/schutzhund-ipo-training/191104-matthias-xanther-vom-haus-puerkner-bundessiegerpruefung-bayreuth.html)

Mrs.K 09-23-2012 11:58 AM

Matthias & Xanther vom Haus Puerkner at Bundessiegerpruefung in Bayreuth

A new star is born. Oh my gosh that boy is awesome. The best thing is when he says to the helper "Stock" (STICK!)

Xanther vom Haus Pürkner BSP 2012 C:90 - YouTube

Castlemaid 09-23-2012 12:11 PM

Oh my gosh that was great!!! Thanks for posting it, what a fun team to watch. Love it!

wolfstraum 09-23-2012 01:31 PM

Cute kid! Sounds like the audience loved him too!

Lee

Jax08 09-23-2012 01:56 PM

omg..how cute is he!!!! Do you know how old he is? Fantastic job!

Mrs.K 09-23-2012 02:10 PM

I don't know but I can try and find out. He is a riot.

carmspack 09-23-2012 02:17 PM

I have always admired T. Floyd's great contribution to bringing on the next generation -- (looks like young girl has more control than the boy!) T. Floyd’s Youth Schutzhund Summer Camp: Investing in the Future of Dog Sport Art of Schutzhund Photography

T Floyd's then 8 year old daughter !!! holy smoke , the young girl is one strong character - says she ( If you were silly enough to mention her size and age, Daio would likely respond calmly, "What's your point?"

T Floyd, Master Trainer, Schutzhund Dog Training, German Shepherd Dog Breeders New Jersey South Puppies New York City and later older brother Terrell --

lots of good to say about T.Floyd , for sure T Floyd, Master Trainer, Schutzhund Dog Training, Helper School, New Jersey South, New York City

Mrs.K 09-23-2012 02:24 PM

Carmen, let's not get into "who has more control" or "who is better". These are just young kids. Both kids are exceptional handlers and who cares which one of them has more control over the dog. They both are already better handlers than many adults will ever be.

Jax08 09-23-2012 02:30 PM

I wonder how much time do these kids spend training the dogs? There must be some connection with the dogs, right? Or the dogs wouldn't obey the kids as a team? I think it's amazing that kids are handling dogs in a sport that many people here in the US have a stigma against because they think it's about training "attack" dogs. What a testament to the dogs and the sport to see that kind of control by children.

carmspack 09-23-2012 02:32 PM

I know that - and it is good , great - but competition requires form -- how did the boy get to the BSP

Mrs.K 09-23-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jax08 (Post 2587568)
I wonder how much time do these kids spend training the dogs? There must be some connection with the dogs, right? Or the dogs wouldn't obey the kids as a team? I think it's amazing that kids are handling dogs in a sport that many people here in the US have a stigma against because they think it's about training "attack" dogs. What a testament to the dogs and the sport to see that kind of control by children.

Not sure if it is comparable to horseback riding but if these kids don't get up on the horse every day, take lessons, once or twice a week, they can't compete, so I am sure that these kids are training regularly with the dogs. They have to learn the routine, form and how to work with the dog and I'm sure that it's just like with the horses, the kids don't "break" the horse in, it's an adult, they get the foundation from the adult and then, once it's secure, they start riding them.

I'm sure that the dogs are already trained and the kids get to take over and work the dog.

ps: supposedly the boy is 13 years old.