Matthias & Xanther vom Haus Puerkner at Bundessiegerpruefung in Bayreuth - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Check him out. All his results and more videos are on his working dog site.

Xanther vom Haus Pürkner - working-dog.eu

It looks like he really was nervous. Generally A seems to be his strongest discipline. He's had 99 at the youth championship and at the LGA last year and at the BSP he's only got a 89, so it really looks like it was the nerves. Looks like he qualified via the DJJM where he placed 2nd.

86 2012-09-14 SV Bundessiegerprüfung 2012 Bayreuth 89 74 90 253 G

2 2012-05-26 SV DJJM 2012 Jugend (SchH3) Hockenheim 99 84 92 275 SG

28 2011-08-19 SV LGA (LG15) 2011 Wegscheid 99 90 80 269 G

60 2010-08-29 SV LGA (LG15) 2010 Frontenhausen 1 0 0 1 M

50 2009-08-21 SV LGA (LG15) 2009 Ingolstadt 96 80 80 256 G

Last edited by Mrs.K; 09-23-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Crowned Member

The young boy is Matthias Grimm? who is Eugen Grimm ?
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post

this however is the BSP and that is supposed to represent high levels of performance , the culmination, the "acme" of performance. The boy is "cute" -- but the performance honestly -- is not so good . The dog drifts across his path , the boy rushes in to accommodate the dog (getting out of position) the dog forges almost the full body length . If that were you or I , with some years on us, with that performance we wouldn't even be in the show as an entry.
Oh come now sweetie, we all know that you have never been, and most likely never will be in, any type of national IPO competition. So lets put the breaks on your Mittyesque fantasies. We will never know what would happen if you put on a performance like this at a national, just like we will never know what would happen if Bigfoot trialed Benji at a national event.

Also if this kid should not have been there, were should the 29 adults that he beat be?

I think the kid got a some slack from the judge and the helpers. But in the big picture I don't think that it's a big deal. The kid came in 86th place and I don't believe that the guy that came in 87th or 88th is begrudging the kid his placement. And because the vast majority of people that are competing at that level respect the hard work that everyone at that level put in to be there, no matter what their age. They understand that it takes a lot more courage for a child to walk the center line at a national than it takes for someone that has never done it to criticize him from the convenience of their living room.

Last edited by Fast; 09-23-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
The young boy is Matthias Grimm? who is Eugen Grimm ?
That's his father and SV judge.
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Crowned Member

headline news -- I will not be participating in the BSP or national IPO (although my dogs have) anytime soon.
I have competed in obedience - top dog there --and I did compete in French ring and Campagne.
I know the work that goes into it and all the things that can go wrong - because for sure a dog can make a monkey out of you.
If you want to encourage young contestants at any levels of IPO , and especially at the top trial the BSP, then why not have an entry dedicated to YOUTH where all competitors fit within an age range. This way the playing field is leveled and you are comparing apples to apples. This would allow for some allowances to physical capabilities , give honest critiques, enough to create improvement , not so much to devaste and discourage a potential talent . Look at this 7 year old -- she has to run the field to keep in line with her dog doing the blinds
This girl is doing an excellent job in handling.
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
If you want to encourage young contestants at any levels of IPO , and especially at the top trial the BSP, then why not have an entry dedicated to YOUTH where all competitors fit within an age range. This way the playing field is leveled and you are comparing apples to apples.
That would be the DJJM where he placed 2nd.

I really don't want to critique Samantha's performance, because she is a better handler at her age than I EVER will be but her dog was a little ahead of her, she had to tell him to sit twice, wide circles into the heel position, etc.

But you know what, that's because they are kids, they are learning. They have a great form but they just don't have that insight into handling and lack the experience that adults have.

HOWEVER, they are both awesome handlers, they are on their way, they DID qualifiy and they competed against ADULTS!

That's a completely different beast in itself. It speaks volumes for these kids, their trainers and those dogs and that should not be diminished at all!

To be honest, with all the crap going on in IPO, with all the politics, corruption and what not, it's actually delighting to see these kids compete. It' makes the sport fun again. Fun to watch and just great to watch.

Last edited by Mrs.K; 09-24-2012 at 12:32 AM.
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Well, he definitely did better than this guy.

OUCH! MOMMY! BSP 2012 Bayreuth - YouTube
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 01:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
headline news -- I will not be participating in the BSP or national IPO (although my dogs have) anytime soon.
HAHAHAHAHA! Your dogs have?!? Does genetic obedience give them the magical ability to tell you what it was like? Or do you just feel it when you're in their presence?

Quote:
I have competed in obedience - top dog there --and I did compete in French ring and Campagne.
Why would you bring this up? You were never in a french ring national either.

Quote:
I know the work that goes into it and all the things that can go wrong
You don't know anything because you have never done it. You have never been in a national. Anything you have to say on the subject is conjecture or hearsay. But then again maybe your dogs told you.

Quote:
If you want to encourage young contestants at any levels of IPO , and especially at the top trial the BSP, then why not have an entry dedicated to YOUTH where all competitors fit within an age range. This way the playing field is leveled and you are comparing apples to apples. This would allow for some allowances to physical capabilities , give honest critiques, enough to create improvement , not so much to devaste and discourage a potential talent .
As K mentions above, there already is and this kid got out there and earned his spot in the BSP by coming in second place. Mind you most of the kids that he beat are in their mid to late teens.

Quote:
Look at this 7 year old -- she has to run the field to keep in line with her dog doing the blinds Samantha 2010 WDC Schutzhund-Protection - YouTube
This girl is doing an excellent job in handling.
Really? Is this where you are going to go? Are you really going to crap on a second kid to justify you crapping on the first one?

I have see plenty of people that have problems keeping up with the dog during the blind search. Maybe we should get rid of anyone that is short, disabled or fat? Do we need to start wheelchair IPO too?

Why don't you just butt out of it? IPO has nothing to do with you. The people that actually get from behind their keyboard and go out on the field don't seem to have a problem letting kids come out and play.
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.K View Post

To be honest, with all the crap going on in IPO, with all the politics, corruption and what not, it's actually delighting to see these kids compete. It' makes the sport fun again. Fun to watch and just great to watch.
I could not agree more.
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 07:49 AM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Fast, love your new Avatar! It's so YOU!

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page