SV acknowledges SAR (RH2 B) K9's for Koerung - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
Banned

SV acknowledges SAR (RH2 B) K9's for Koerung

Have you read the changes yet. This is fantastic. As of this year a SAR K9 with the RH2 B is eligible to get gekoered (breed surveyed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
Banned

So that means that the IPO1, HGH or the RH2 B can get your dogs surveyed now.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

But how are these dogs assessed for fight and defense?
I can understand courage and prey drive coming out of the test.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Sorry, I thought the HGH required the dog to protect its owner. I guess I was mistaken.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Nancy, if a dog gets the RH2 B, I think they are more than worthy to be gekoered.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

I was not belittling the significance of the accomplishment just trying to understand as I, mistankingly, though testing with bitework would be necessary.

It would be nice if there were ways to koer true working dual purpose police dogs without asking them to go through a dogsport.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Crowned Member

Well in order to Koer you have to DO the Koerung, which is bitework. Granted it's been very watered down now but hypothetically speaking, even with HGH or RH titles the dog still has to show protection during the test. There is an attack on the handler and a long bite. Both have drives though from what I can tell no one is actually hitting the dogs anymore (they should be) and both require an out. When you do a Koerung first you do bitework, then the judge evaluates conformation, then you hand over your paperwork (pedigree, titles, hip/elbow ratings). You don't just get the KKL for turning in the paperwork; like Sandra said the RH2 makes the dog "eligible" for Koer.

Last edited by Liesje; 09-17-2012 at 10:20 AM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Thanks. That is the clarification I was looking for.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Nancy, I've tried to find some videos for you of what it looks like and what the dogs have to do. Most of the examples are showlines and poor examples but it's all I could find.

this is not a good example but that's how it can go (doesn't mean it's always like that) but some dogs have just enough training to get through it.
Koerung Yoker Leithawald - YouTube
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Nancy, I've tried to find some videos for you of what it looks like and what the dogs have to do. Most of the examples are showlines and poor examples but it's all I could find.

this is not a good example but that's how it can go (doesn't mean it's always like that) but some dogs have just enough training to get through it.
Koerung Yoker Leithawald - YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page