Trial Prep weekend! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Trial Prep weekend!

I've been considering going for Aiden's IPO2 in October. It's never something that I ever considered as an option before (since he really isn't an incredibly amazing sport dog), but his progress in training has really been proving me wrong. We have so much fun moving forward together. It's our club's trial and I think if we make a few more little tweaks here and there, we may just be able to do it! Wish us luck!

Very proud of my guy

Feuergarten German Shepherds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Crowned Member

Looks great! Go for it! I wanted so bad to do our trial in October but with my long vacation, other dog events, some family commitments, and then the thing with Pan I haven't been able to get enough rounds of protection in.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
Looks great! Go for it! I wanted so bad to do our trial in October but with my long vacation, other dog events, some family commitments, and then the thing with Pan I haven't been able to get enough rounds of protection in.
I just can't even believe I'm considering it! I just need to really work on the back transport. He's super quick to learn, so I don't see it as being a problem. Our biggest problem for our IPO1 was ME! His scores could have been much higher if I hadn't totally freaked him out, lol. I think I just need to get out there more to learn how to handle myself in a trial, if anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Knighted Member

Don't under estimate your self or your dog! He is already an IPO1. What do you have to loose?!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Don't under estimate your self or your dog! He is already an IPO1. What do you have to loose?!
I think I'm going to do it...I'm just so nervous!

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Crowned Member

I went to a seminar w/ Brenda Riemer on reducing handler trial stress.
I'll review Brenda's methods before I trial Karlo.

At least you know you aren't alone in your nervousness!
I wish you luck on the 2, you'll do great!

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Knighted Member

Cool! Good luck!!

I am right there with ya with the nerves. When it comes time to trial, I will have to practice on that field a few days in advance, or I will have MAJOR handler problems on the trial day. lol! Same issue I had with the horses for many years. Finally got better after I did it for 20 or so years.

You two can do it though!!

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Banned

Go for it and good luck! You guys are doing incredibly great and honestly, you are an inspiration that you take a dog like Aiden and you get the best out of that dog. He is not a bad dog and honestly, I can see the two of you taking onto the challenge and go for the IPO 3 once you've put the 2 on him.

You are a great handler!

My helper said we'd be taking the BH and the 1 next spring. While I believe him I can't see myself doing it just yet but I can totally see you two getting both. The 2 and 3.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Aww thanks guys! You're all so supportive!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Elite Member

DO IT!! what's the worst that can happen? Plus, from what I gather on this forum you guys are doing great and you're doing an awesome job with Aiden, so why not try for IPO2. I'm going for IPO1 in 3 weeks and nervous as can be, so I know how you feel - but, I know you guys will kill it.

Where is the trial?

Last edited by ayoitzrimz; 09-17-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: for some reason - that place opposite from heaven gets covered up as a curse word lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page