Lots of work, but so worth it! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Lots of work, but so worth it!

Duke and I are starting to really push forward with our obedience to prepare for the CGC and BH coming up within the year.

Here's a little video of the past 2 months or so.

Hard to believe this is the same dog I started on 4/08/12... just 5 months. Lots of work, lots of fixing things, and a lot of patience. I love my boy so much though!

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Elite Member

I dont know much about schutzhund, but Duke is one handsome dog!

Balen Patchon Adopted 8-28-12
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Banned

Looking good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Crowned Member

Nice progress!

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Master Member

Wendy
Dooney Von Pell- GSD 01/25/2011
Karma's Wycked Revenge- GSD 05/16/2012
Skye- WGSD 1991-2007
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Banned

Can't watch the video on the cellphone but I so know what you mean. I am beyond happy to finally having found a group that I actually fit in with and to be able to train with a helper that really works you hard and has the level of expertise that I wanted. On top of that I can work all three dogs and that is very very rare. He says if we keep going like that we will title next spring and you know what, I believe it. I finally have a goal that is in reach and a helper that can get us where we need to be. That goes a long way. Keep doing what you do. You will reach your goal!!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.K View Post
Can't watch the video on the cellphone but I so know what you mean. I am beyond happy to finally having found a group that I actually fit in with and to be able to train with a helper that really works you hard and has the level of expertise that I wanted. On top of that I can work all three dogs and that is very very rare. He says if we keep going like that we will title next spring and you know what, I believe it. I finally have a goal that is in reach and a helper that can get us where we need to be. That goes a long way. Keep doing what you do. You will reach your goal!!!
Thanks... we're going for it! I will keep going with this dog until he stops enjoying it. Eventually I will either title my training foster (Storm) or finally get my male working line pup to get me there.

The group definitely makes a difference! I love the group I am with. Our trainer is fantastic and has so much experience to share with me... and he's happy to do so! He thrives off those that have a passion to learn. We have an awesome helper who we really have fun with and learn a lot from as well. The other people in the group are great... it's like a family. I absolutely love training days.

I have a lot to learn, but like you said... with the right people working with you.... it makes it that much better! Can't wait to see where we will be in.... say... a year. This dog has a huge heart and lives to make me happy... I'm excited to see where I can get him.

We are still having a blast!

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Thanks everyone! He's a great dog... lots of fun to work with and a good teacher.

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page