Minka earned her IPO 1! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Minka earned her IPO 1!

Minka earned her IPO 1 under Johannes Grewe Saturday. Our score was 264 pronounced. The score by phase was 92 92 80. Yeah, I have to take the blame for our dive in the protection phase.

We started out well with tracking - both articles were found and indicated properly. We lost a few points on the first corner that was judged as a tad wide, then at the first article when I unintentionally stepped on Minka's foot causing her to shift (and yelp), and she finished the third leg (into the wind) with a bit of a high nose.

Obedience - heeling was rated excellent as was most everything else, however the main point loss was 5 points for the sit in motion (that Minka can do in her sleep), when she laid down instead. We lost the remaining 3 points on retrieves that included a frisky head-shake on dumbbell pickup, and for a nudge on the return in-front after the A-frame.

Protection - our normally solid protection routine fell apart from the get-go due to my inexperience, particularly in event dog-mind preparation for bite work combined with my stupid mistakes. The send out to the first blind was a disaster when I setup badly making Minka think I wanted her to run blind 3. From there, I was able salvage it a bit by calling her and sending her on to the proper blind 5 and then on to blind 6. However, we were both out-of-sync enough that it snowballed into more handler errors and dog focus loss etc., that impacted the performance. I won't bore you all, or embarrass myself any further, with the details.

However, I learned a lot and got tips from Johannes on techniques for Minka's protection training that he thought would improve on her foundation by taking her seriousness up a notch.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByPG Free1347303382.238393.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	20640   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByPG Free1347303394.951423.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	20641  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HIC, CD, IPO 2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:07 PM

hey even tho it didn't go as expected a BIG CONGRATS!! to you both! Not an easy routine and you should be proud you've accomplished it

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Crowned Member

excellent work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Good work!!

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Crowned Member

Jan,
You are a very good trainer and a great dog owner! I know how hard you have worked and you guys rock!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:39 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Congratulations!!! Excellent scores, despite the protection hiccup - Good for you and Minka for keeping it together enough for a passing score.

Lucia

2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Elite Member

To BOTH of you!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Crowned Member

Congrats to you and Minka~ Great scores, too!
Trial nerves....bring out those hiccups.
I haven't even attempted to trial for the one because I will be a wreck(not so much my dog/but he'll feel it). I wanted to this weekend,but just couldn't bring myself to enter.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Knighted Member

Big congrats! If we're easy there would be way more people doing it. It's more important that you went through with it and accomplished something with your dog than for everything to be perfect!
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Crowned Member

Huge congrats!!!

Feuergarten German Shepherds

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page