And we have Long Bite!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

And we have Long Bite!!

So I finally got to let Dooney get her first long bite yesterday!! Had her on a 20 ft long line, put her in a sit stay and then sent her. No hesitation and went straight for the sleeve and she is still carrying it We did it a few times getting further and further back - i did have my hands on the long line the entire time (wore gloves so i didn't burn my hands even though was just lightly holding it while she was headed towards the decoy. She outs the sleeve pretty good on command as well (once she has it) we are going to work on her outing while still on the decoy... I really want to see her go after the decoy while in the bite suit for some reason.. lol

Then we also got all of the pups together (spaced out enough to avoid conflict) Karma was the first one to get to barking and attack the flirt pole, she already has a nice little grip for being 13-14 weeks old. I'm a proud foster mommy!

Wendy
Dooney Von Pell- GSD 01/25/2011
Karma's Wycked Revenge- GSD 05/16/2012
Skye- WGSD 1991-2007
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Banned

Grats.
Any videos? I wanna try to teach the dog to be alert and bark on command. Bite training is a long way off for me.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof_Terrorist View Post
Grats.
Any videos? I wanna try to teach the dog to be alert and bark on command. Bite training is a long way off for me.

I wish I had videos, but my videographer (TrickyShepherd) was not feeling well yesterday so she missed it

Wendy
Skye- WGSD 1991-2007
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooney's Mom View Post
I wish I had videos, but my videographer (TrickyShepherd) was not feeling well yesterday so she missed it
I know. I'm sorry! I really wish I was there to see Doo's first long bite! I'm very proud of her though! Can't wait to see it next weekend. Will you be there Saturday (I know you said you have plans Sunday)? I can't go Friday, but I am thinking I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyShepherd View Post
I know. I'm sorry! I really wish I was there to see Doo's first long bite! I'm very proud of her though! Can't wait to see it next weekend. Will you be there Saturday (I know you said you have plans Sunday)? I can't go Friday, but I am thinking I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.
I will be there Saturday but I have to leave by like 12 to get the mutts back home and then go get my hair did at 1:30- LOL So I really hope you are coming Saturday ))))))))

and no worries- I know you didn't feel well

Wendy
Skye- WGSD 1991-2007
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooney's Mom View Post
I will be there Saturday but I have to leave by like 12 to get the mutts back home and then go get my hair did at 1:30- LOL So I really hope you are coming Saturday ))))))))

and no worries- I know you didn't feel well
Awesome! I am pretty sure I'll be there Saturday as well as the usual Sunday. I have to work night shift on Saturday, so I also will be leaving early that day.

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page