Another good day!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Another good day!!

We did our 2nd day of obedience during protection work. I had a much better fuss from her. We are working on her not "packen" until she is told to. She carried the sleeve all 4 times today too. So weird how a simple change in training can make her carry it. Oh and there is a really good chance I will be fostering one of the trainers pups for a few months.

So I have a question for you all, I didn't get a chance to talk to the trainer in depth today. Is there a difference between a pup (almost 12 weeks) that has more toy drive vs food drive?

I will be fostering the pup for someone that wants a dog that is not timid, or scared of big men with big voices, but will still be good at protection. So there are 2 females which, so far, are testing out to fit the bill. One has a very heavy ball drive, and ok food drive. She lets me hold her and cuddle her. The other one is very similar, but without the toy drive, but definite food drive. Opinion?

Wendy
Dooney Von Pell- GSD 01/25/2011
Karma's Wycked Revenge- GSD 05/16/2012
Skye- WGSD 1991-2007
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Knighted Member

I like white paw girl (toy drive) for what he's looking for. I think she'd be a bit better. I like her temperament. I think she'll be a good dog for this situation. They will all be excellent... BUT, I think for this white paw girl would be the best.

Btw, Dooney DID do great today! I am SOOOO happy to see her carrying that sleeve!! I am still shocked that Duke did so well with the same thing. I thought he may crumble a bit with the corrections and keeping him calm and collected. I'm so very happy that he took it with stride and listened so well!

They both did great today. Just wish the weather wasn't so bad. Too darn hot here!

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyShepherd View Post
I like white paw girl (toy drive) for what he's looking for. I think she'd be a bit better. I like her temperament. I think she'll be a good dog for this situation. They will all be excellent... BUT, I think for this white paw girl would be the best.

Btw, Dooney DID do great today! I am SOOOO happy to see her carrying that sleeve!! I am still shocked that Duke did so well with the same thing. I thought he may crumble a bit with the corrections and keeping him calm and collected. I'm so very happy that he took it with stride and listened so well!

They both did great today. Just wish the weather wasn't so bad. Too darn hot here!

Duke did do very well with the new changes in his training today. I love watching all the different personalities on the field. Is it October yet? when it cools down?? I'b bringing an ice bath for next week. The heat is killing me

Wendy
Dooney Von Pell- GSD 01/25/2011
Karma's Wycked Revenge- GSD 05/16/2012
Skye- WGSD 1991-2007
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 09:57 PM

So glad to hear about carrying the sleeve. Zuke does pretty good carrying it. We are throwing in distraction with rubbing the stick on his side but he doesn't like that very much and will drop the sleeve. Oh I know the heat is ridiculas. Its been a lake from the rain where I train atbut luckily he has a seperate in door with A/C that we use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page