Kuba vom Fluchtweg: thoughts? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Kuba vom Fluchtweg: thoughts?

This video came up on my "Recommended Videos" list on youtube. I watched both the protection and obedience and really like this dog. Was sad to not see him out on the long bite (is that what's it's called? maybe it's called the courage test?) but still, I liked the dog- especially in obedience.

I don't know if there's an etiquette to this or not, but I'd like to know what others think about this dog. Things I noticed- the obedience was wonderful. I thought it was overall very tight and nice and the dog seemed to show lots of enthusiasm. In protection, the bark and hold seemed convincing and I loved the backup into heel position. However, unlike the bark and hold, I felt the tail position was much lower and more stiff on the exercise after the bark and hold (is this called the reattack?) and of course the tone of the bark turned squeaky. The I noticed the same thing on the attack on the transport as well- tail even more stiff. Does that mean anything??? I'm looking to learn here...

Overall- I really enjoyed watching that dog!

[EDIT]- pedigree: http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/germ...html?id=733637 I think I've seen the name Puck and Mink before, but I don't recognize any of the others (which means nothing, since I know nothing about lines).

Willy
RATCHX3 High Jinks vom Neuanfang - Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013 DN, SG, SR, CA
Inspire Spark to Ignition! (Ignite) Gotchya Day: 10/8/2016
C-ATCH Pimg - RATO, UJJ (x2), DJX, HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014

Last edited by wildo; 07-04-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Crowned Member

He is a maternal half brother to Jogi Zonk's dog Moses - watch his video....his obedience is super - but Jogi is one of the most accomplished trainers in his generation!

Mink is very widespread in teh working lines, Kuba is line bred on him with Nick H. as well....Moses is line bred on Falco v h Sindren...so I tend to like his pedigree better...

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Wow- I sure like the way Moses looks! Definitely looks like a balanced dog; he looks really compact too which I love. I can't find any public video though.

Willy
C-ATCH Pimg - RATO, UJJ (x2), DJX, HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Crowned Member

Moses vom Fluchtweg - working-dog.eu

videos are on this page

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Yes- I found those but you have to be a premium member to view them.

Willy
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Crowned Member

Those guys (Jogi, Tobias, et al) have an interesting training program, one that I personally cannot stand (as in, I could *never* train my dogs using their methods because many of them just go against the core of how I approach training) but it works really well for them and they are very successful! I like Kuba, maybe like him more than how he is actually trained and presented, but I think he is a good dog and could be successful even trained in a different way, if that makes sense.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
Those guys (Jogi, Tobias, et al) have an interesting training program, one that I personally cannot stand (as in, I could *never* train my dogs using their methods because many of them just go against the core of how I approach training) but it works really well for them and they are very successful! I like Kuba, maybe like him more than how he is actually trained and presented, but I think he is a good dog and could be successful even trained in a different way, if that makes sense.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Those guys (Jogi, Tobias, et al) have an interesting training program, one that I personally cannot stand (as in, I could *never* train my dogs using their methods because many of them just go against the core of how I approach training) but it works really well for them and they are very successful!
Just curious here, because I've been to a Jogi seminar (I know you don't get the full picture at seminars) and I know Bart Bellon uses a lot of the same stuff.. A couple people I train with are using their system.. I know this is a public forum and if you don't want to post publically, then maybe you can PM me.. What is it exactly you don't like in their training program?

Leesa~

Chaos v. Wildhaus, SchH2, OB3 (HOT) Forever in my heart ~ Bismark v. Wildhaus, SchH1 (HOT) ~ Kougar v. Wolfstraum, IPO 1, CGC (HOT)... Oberon v. Wildhaus, BH (HOT)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Crowned Member

This dog has a very hard, high octane pedigree with dogs not for the faint of heart...if you had given me this pedigree beforehand and asked what would be some potential sport problems?........I would have said not " outing" in the protection routine probably after stick hits.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-burg View Post
Just curious here, because I've been to a Jogi seminar (I know you don't get the full picture at seminars) and I know Bart Bellon uses a lot of the same stuff.. A couple people I train with are using their system.. I know this is a public forum and if you don't want to post publically, then maybe you can PM me.. What is it exactly you don't like in their training program?
In general, I don't like using toys to train protection exercises, namely the hold and bark. Just a personal preference thing for me. I have huge respect for these guys and their success, and I think for the most part they have awesome dogs that would excel regardless of how they're trained. I think if the pedigree is right the dog is going to show power and fight and aggression even if the training is based in prey/toys/flashy stuff. I like the dogs and the end result, but the training (at least what I have seen promoted) just isn't for me.

Last edited by Liesje; 07-05-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page