USDA/APHIS Proposed Regulations Affecting Dog Breeders - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

USDA/APHIS Proposed Regulations Affecting Dog Breeders

I hope this doesn't break the rules but this is SO IMPORTANT for anyone who cares about working dogs, I thought I would post it here for those who do not read all the topics.

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...-breeders.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Crowned Member

Someone already brought this up.

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...-breeders.html

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Crowned Member

I believe Anne wanted it posted here so it would get exposure to those who only look in certain forums. I'll keep bumping both up!

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Crowned Member

Well, in that case - bump.

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

She is also trying to point out that this change in the current regulation will not just affect breeders but will adversely affect the supply of working and sport dogs available in this country.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Crowned Member

Interestingly, if you take in a rescue dog and place it (I think a fee must be involved) you lose your exemption. Because you are "selling" a dog not produced by your females.

This also involves livestock and other mammals.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
She is also trying to point out that this change in the current regulation will not just affect breeders but will adversely affect the supply of working and sport dogs available in this country.
Yes, that IS what I am saying. It cannot be simply breeders commenting on the APHIS web site. It needs to be many more people than that. Either that, or we can plan to get our dogs from other countries, because this will effectively "out source" our dogs. Apparently, some people think we should have to get everything from outside the US now.

The web site limits your comments to a certain number of characters. So, just write "I oppose these changes" and one sentence why you do.

This really is VERY important. There is no one else to take care of this for us. People who want the right to buy a dog here in the US, need to help and right now, opposing on that web site is the help needed.

Anne

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page