Danni's down in motion - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Danni's down in motion

In case anyone was interested... I convinced the boyfriend to film me today. I did a few before and she was coming in crooked on her recalls so I moved the ball to under my chin a few times and she straightened up. Of course not in the video I got, but you know how it goes.

Anyway, we're pretty much BH ready. I have a few things to work on. We were going to enter in June but I've had some things come up that take priority, unfortunately. So the end of the year it is.

Enjoy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Beautiful!! Very nice!

And you know that with the new IPO rules, the down is NOT in motion? You stop, the dog does an auto-sit, then you give a down command and walk away.

But the down in motion for the IPO obedience routine is still a down in motion at least.

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

I know, but that way is boring, lol. Can you do it either way or are you required to stop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Crowned Member

She looks great! And as far as I know, you can do it both ways. I just find it strange to teach your dog to do it with a pause when you're just going to have to teach it without the pause for any higher titles anyways.

Feuergarten German Shepherds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! I thought you could do it both ways too, and I feel the same way you do. Might as well do the hard one if I'm going to have to train it anyway! And really, it's not that hard anyways.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Master Member

Beautiful work!

The other rule I remember reading (which I think is new) is that the dog's topline must remain as level as possible during the heeling.

Her heel is beautiful but she does hop a lot, so just something to be aware of. Not sure how much it would contribute to a pass/fail with the BH, but I think a judge could easily dock points in the higher level OB.

Nice job, beautiful dog too!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! She does hop a lot and I do need to work on keeping her down. She hadn't been worked in two days (bad me) so she was pretty amped. Since she was coming in crooked, I decided to work on that first. We're almost BH ready, but I need to shape up her heeling, like you said, fix her recalls, and get her a little better with the groups.

Thanks again everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page