Beginner question :) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Smile Beginner question :)

Hi all I have always been interested in dog sports, and read quite a bit on Schutzhund. What is the best place to learn the differences of the titles, trials, and events? I attended the local club last weekend with Axel, and he did pretty good when they evaluated him. (He seems to REALLY enjoy the bite work). I've been tuning up his obedience this week... it had been a while since I worked him beyond everyday interacting I did not buy him with the intention of doing this, but now that I live where there are resources, and he has shown me alot of things that lead me to believe he would enjoy this, I find myself ready to go for it. After being told he has alot of potential, and as well as he did at evaluation I'm ready to have some fun with him
I want to learn more before I go again so I can ask intelligent questions instead of EVERY question in my unorganized head...LOL! I understand what Schutzhund itself entails, but what is IPO I-III, OBD I-III, TR I-III, BH, FH 1, IPO VO and AD.... and where is a good site to learn?
Thank you smart people!!

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.
- Edward Everett Hale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Crowned Member

United Schutzhund Clubs of America - For the German Shepherd Dog Are you training w/ Tornado Alley?

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Crowned Member

You sound just like I did when I first heard about Schutzhund. I started the same way with my dog, who honestly wasn't bred for it, and we have a great time! I'd look at this website.

United Schutzhund Clubs of America - For the German Shepherd Dog

Everything is now being changed from Schutzhund to IPO. IPO, OBD, TR, BH, FH, and all the others are titles obtained when you compete. That website pretty much goes through all of it.

Feuergarten German Shepherds

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
Yes, I liked them alot I just want to organize my questions. Thank you!

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.
- Edward Everett Hale
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Crowned Member

I'd love to train w/ that group! Have a blast!!!

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDog View Post
You sound just like I did when I first heard about Schutzhund. I started the same way with my dog, who honestly wasn't bred for it, and we have a great time! I'd look at this website.

United Schutzhund Clubs of America - For the German Shepherd Dog

Everything is now being changed from Schutzhund to IPO. IPO, OBD, TR, BH, FH, and all the others are titles obtained when you compete. That website pretty much goes through all of it.
Cool, so they are changing from Sch I, II, II? interesting! Thank you guys much! I'll head over to that site now

- Edward Everett Hale
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

OK, I am finding everything about "changes", is there somewhere I am missing where it actually explains the requirements for each title? I've looked at FAQs, and changes... I need a little more simplification. Is there a place I am missing that actually explains what each title entails? Sorry if I sound like an idiot, I want to not be an idiot, and learn all about it Is there a beginner page somewhere?
It explains changes, but doesn't lay out what the actual requirements are... I didn't memorize the Sch. rules, and want to learn the new stuff the right way. I need to know what I am striving for to achieve it...

- Edward Everett Hale
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Crowned Member

http://www.fci.be/circulaires/55-2011-annex-en.pdf

Feuergarten German Shepherds

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDog View Post
Thanks! I'm readin that one in the mornin'! Looks long... LOL! G'nite! and thanks again!

- Edward Everett Hale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page