Explanation of 2012 FCI IPO rules - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Explanation of 2012 FCI IPO rules

This is a very good explanation of the new rules for IPO and also talks about where points will be taken.

http://www.germanshepherddog.com/doc...gesMeeting.pdf

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Crowned Member

AWESOME resource!!!

Thanks for posting this Lisa! MUCH appreciated!

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
This is a very good explanation of the new rules for IPO and also talks about where points will be taken.

http://www.germanshepherddog.com/doc...gesMeeting.pdf

Thanks....This is the report I wrote after attending the FCI Judges meeting. It was a great experience for me to attend the meeting and listen to the guys that actually wrote the rules and be able to ask questions and be in on the discussions....

I didn' realize that it was purt out on the website...I think it will be printed in the magazine also.

Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Crowned Member

Thanks. Outlining the changes and clarifications is so much easier than reading through the entire rulebook looking for changes!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Crowned Member

I agree, Lies! I posted it on the gmdsa fb group page(saw it on the other board)

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
Thanks. Outlining the changes and clarifications is so much easier than reading through the entire rulebook looking for changes!

Well, that is not everything...Just the "highlights"...it was really a report on the meeting, not all the changes..I just included the biggest changes...there are other subtle things also....I suggest everyone read the rules...
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Thank you, Frank. Most of these changes are pretty minor compared to what some of us have faced over the years. Just a few new things to remember (the command on the escape may be the hardest LOL) and some other questions people had that have been clarified.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Thanks for posting this, and for the note taking to create it, Frank.

I have just a couple questions as after reading through the PDF I see a couple inconsistencies with previous discussions and the USCA PowerPoint presentation.

-Handlers swinging wide at corners in tracking. This says that the hander may swing wide to keep line tension after the dog is 2-3 meters past the corner and committed to the leg. Other things I've read have said no swinging wide at all, handler must walk the track as if on rails, just like the dog.

Where it says there is "NO CHANGE to the free heeling pattern", I assume that means to the pattern in general, but they're still adding a second left turn, right?

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 04:27 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Thank you for this! I'll forward it to our Schutzhund . . . errr, IPO club members.

Lucia

2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Crowned Member

Thanks!

Do you know where I can contact to author to ask permission to translate it?

Diabla Boroluz, my Daemon; IPO-A1, RH-T A
Akela de Poputchik, my Direwolf; IPO-2, Kkl1
Calais vom Adler Stein; IPO-A1, Kkl1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page