HOT status - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

HOT status

Is your dog still HOT (Handler Owner Trained) if someone else does their AD? I'm planning to take both my dogs to a weekend event that covers everything and both need ADs. Or can you run two at once?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 12:43 PM

From my understanding you must do everything yourself including the AD.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

The AD is not a title, but a requirement for the survey and should have no bearing on the HOT status. It would have a bearing if you were going for your judge's license since you would not have done your dog's AD.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 02:09 PM

I was told it did because you are not allowed to have your dog handled anyone else at any time for training or otherwise to be considered hot and so it is not just in the ring for a title. Even co owners are not allowed to work the dogs even conditioning them. They must be 100 percent handled by the owner.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Haha, no judging for me! OK I don't feel so bad about it then. Actually I will be doing another dog's AD (I'll do Nikon and someone else will have to do Pan). I just have this *thing* where I like to do all my training and titles myself, though I suppose I'm doing all the work training for it. The dog's breeder is probably going to be the one to bike Pan.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanShepherds6800 View Post
I was told it did because you are not allowed to have your dog handled anyone else at any time for training or otherwise to be considered hot and so it is not just in the ring for a title. Even co owners are not allowed to work the dogs even conditioning them. They must be 100 percent handled by the owner.
A lot of HOT dogs have SV show titles and are not handled by their owners because the owners need to double handle. Can't be two places at once and double handling is where the training is done. This is the only situation I ever hand my leash off to someone else, and as it is I'll probably handle Nikon for his entire breed survey (even in the ring) and have my husband double handle him.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 02:14 PM

Then HOT dogs wouldn't be able to be handled by someone else in the conformation ring either. The AD is not a title. It is a requirement for the breed survey and should have no bearing on the HOT eligibility.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 02:15 PM

That is conformation not towards a hot working title. It is treated differently. Anything towards the HOT for schutzhund has to be done by the handler is what I was told.

HOT_BHOT

To qualify your dog as a H.O.T. dog the following criteria must be met.

1. Owner is a member in good standing of the GSDCA-WDA.

2. Owner must have owned dog from the age of 12 months.

3. Must have either AKC registration or foreign registration showing proof of ownership and date of ownership.

4. You as owner must have done all handling in training and put all titles on the dog.

1. 5.Dog may not have been leased out to anyone prior to all titles being earned.
  2. 6.Co-ownership is allowed, but both parties must have their names on the registration from the beginning of ownership, and only one of those parties can be the handler/trainer of the dog.

If your dog receives a H.O.T. award, and it is found that training was done by another party, or titles earned by another handler, all H.O.T. titles received for this dog will be become null and void, you will not be allowed to enter any dog as a H.O.T. dog in the future, and you will be reported to the GSDCA- WDA Disciplinary Committee for possible further action.

Please CLICK HERE to download the .pdf file.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 02:17 PM

AD is NOT a title.

Lisa Clark

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 02:20 PM

It is not title but it is towards one. I was told any preparation towards title conditioning and training and working the dog must be done by the OWNER/HANDLER to be qualified for HOT. This is what I was instructed. It is the only answer I personally have for you. I hope someone else can tell you differently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page