a stamp/USCA question - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

a stamp/USCA question

Can someone give me some information? The USCA office might be closed this week. No answers. I want to have my dogs x rays sent to the SV for eval. On the USCA site, it shows a digital to film place in TX. Does the SV want the x rays the old way, on film? My vet only does digtal ones. Would the vet send the x rays to the USCA office address? I just do not have a clue about either issue.
Thanks,
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Crowned Member

Yes, as far as I know SV only accepts analog and you need all the information exposed on the film that is listed on the USCA site. I had to change vet offices for a-stamps as well. Doing a set next week... My vet gives me all my x-rays, so I'll mail them along with all the other paperwork to USCA (I'm also getting a scorebook and registration at the same time).
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Crowned Member

I sent Hexe's in to the SV last fall....did the digitals to OFA and then got the films made for the SV. So you need to send a digital file of your x-rays to the place in Texas - they send them back to you - then you send them to the USCA office for submittal to the SV... they do alot of them for US GSD people and know what they need.

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Thanks ! I went to a new vet that everyone I asked in schutzhund told me to go to this vet outside Philly. He is the only vet that ever took me in explained the x rays and what they showed. Very accomodating.
Paul
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Banned

Also, OFA evaluation is accepted by the SV as long as the dogs name is on the picture. At least that is what they told me when I asked if they accept OFA evaluation.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Crowned Member

Only for hips. Not for elbows...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie86 View Post
Only for hips. Not for elbows...
Seriously? Ugh... great, they did not mention that. Thanks for the heads up.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Crowned Member

Sandra do you mean the OFA certificate or the same x-ray? Nikon has OFAs and I still have the films so would I send the x-ray films to the SV or the OFA certificate? The vet that did Nikon's intentionally used *all* the information required by both OFA and the SV so I could use the same set of x-ray films for both.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
Sandra do you mean the OFA certificate or the same x-ray? Nikon has OFAs and I still have the films so would I send the x-ray films to the SV or the OFA certificate? The vet that did Nikon's intentionally used *all* the information required by both OFA and the SV so I could use the same set of x-ray films for both.
They said they accept the OFA results in combination with the x-rays.

But let me check back with them, not that I say anything wrong.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Crowned Member

I'm just curious what use the OFA certification would be to them since as far as I know it doesn't correspond to the a-stamp system, so wouldn't they basically be evaluating the x-rays and giving their own certification?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page