My boy Jäger and I start Schutzhund training next week!!! Houston, TX. - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Talking My boy Jäger and I start Schutzhund training next week!!! Houston, TX.

Ok, so great news. I found Shutzhund club not too far away and its not too expensive. $100 a month with access to the whole facilty and trainers. A one acre training field with lights, blinds, etc, and a certified decoy (helper) for bite work.

I am so amped I can't contain myself. I had been searching and searching and the closest thing I had found was that place in Vidor, TX.

Can't wait till next week. I am sure Jäger is going to do great. Updates and pics to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	13298  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 03:43 PM

There also a good trainer in Magnolia area. Not sure where you live.

~David

Jojo *Rescued* 1/7/09 (Lhasa apso/terrier/yorkie)
Legend "Zek" vom Wildhaus GSD 11/5/2011
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Probably the same one. They are located in Magnolia. The place is called Renaissance Kennels and the trainer is Rod Dean.

I've been doing a ton of research and talking to a ton of people. I know it is going to take a huge commitement on my part. I feel pretty confident as long as the club is accepting of a "noob".

We'll see how it goes. Going out on Tuesday to check things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWallerCB View Post
There also a good trainer in Magnolia area. Not sure where you live.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 03:53 PM

Darryl Richey also trains at Rod's place I think on Wednesday's and Saturday in Plantersville.

~David

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Darryl Richey also trains at Rod's place I think on Wednesday's and Saturday in Plantersville.

We were out there last night training.....and freezing our butts off!!! I had 4 layers on and I was still shaking. WTH, this is Texas.

~ Cayla

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klamari View Post

We were out there last night training.....and freezing our butts off!!! I had 4 layers on and I was still shaking. WTH, this is Texas.

I'm still on the waiting list Cayla. I'm really have puppy fever now that I get the pupdates from them every week.

~David

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Rod mentioned Daryl as well for weekend training. I'm glas to see some people on there that train locally. Hope I get to meet some of ya'll.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Master Member

Quote:
I'm still on the waiting list Cayla. I'm really have puppy fever now that I get the pupdates from them every week.
Fingers crossed for you!! Geez I remember that feeling, but the wait is definately worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemCritical View Post
Rod mentioned Daryl as well for weekend training. I'm glas to see some people on there that train locally. Hope I get to meet some of ya'll.
Yeah we have a ton of fun on Saturdays It's a bigger group that day, with some of the more advanced dogs and it's so cool to watch them work.

~ Cayla

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah we have a ton of fun on Saturdays It's a bigger group that day, with some of the more advanced dogs and it's so cool to watch them work.
I bet it is. I just want my boy to have fun and do what he was bred to do. I'm just as excited to learn new training techniques that apply more toward a GSD. I have done rescue, fostered, and owned dogs before and have always done my own obedience. All my dogs have been well mannered.

Needless to say, a GSD is a whole different ballgame. Granted, we have some of the basics down, but I can see and feel where I am falling short. I want to get some guidance before he starts developing some bad habbits. What better way to do this then to dive right in.

Really looking forward to learning new stuff and seeing just what my boy is capable of.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Of course I say Schutzhund, but whatever he excels at is the way we will go. If PSA better suits him then I'm game. Whatever makes him happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page