Wear, tear, and abuse - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Wear, tear, and abuse

So I've been doing *alot* of helper work lately, with lots of different sleeves, as well as doing some right arm sleeve work. The arms are taking a beating. The left is getting bruised pretty good from catching/driving/escape bites (not from the bite itself, but the sleeve banging my arm). The right is getting cuts and scrapes and raw spots from being used in a new way. What's the best way to help this? Neoprene gauntlet? Iron supplements to reduce bruising? Underarmor to make the sleeve slide off easier? Any tricks? Tired of explaining to people why it looks like my arm looks like it was run over my a truck

Hunter, CWDC UScA Helper
Beschützer des Jägers v.d. Sportwaffen
Katya v. Hügelblick
SG Aska v. Ketscher Wald
Yōkai v.d. Sportwaffen
Arya v. Allrothaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Crowned Member

Not a helper, but I did box for several years. Pineapple juice helps bruising to heal faster.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoore View Post
Not a helper, but I did box for several years. Pineapple juice helps bruising to heal faster.
You just drink a bunch? how much? And idea what in it helps (so I can get it in pill form lol)

Hunter, CWDC UScA Helper
Katya v. Hügelblick
SG Aska v. Ketscher Wald
Yōkai v.d. Sportwaffen
Arya v. Allrothaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Crowned Member

Bromelain is the substance that helps with the bruising. I just drank it half-and-half with my orange juice every morning. A lot of fighters I know drink it.

- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Some of the damage is probably from a sleeve that doesn't fit you correctly. I know our one helper has a terrible time with some sleeves pinching where as his Gappay don't do this. Many helpers wear the neoprene gauntlets to protect their arms. They seem to work.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
Some of the damage is probably from a sleeve that doesn't fit you correctly. I know our one helper has a terrible time with some sleeves pinching where as his Gappay don't do this. Many helpers wear the neoprene gauntlets to protect their arms. They seem to work.
Certain sleeves pinch me bad, but they all bruise me. We have one dog this just hits so hard and is so fast that it doesn't matter which sleeve. Also, my dads side of the family bruises easily later in life so I feel it is inevitable anyway, but want to do what I can to minimize it

Hunter, CWDC UScA Helper
Katya v. Hügelblick
SG Aska v. Ketscher Wald
Yōkai v.d. Sportwaffen
Arya v. Allrothaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page