Prospective Schutzhund Peoples... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Prospective Schutzhund Peoples...

The other newbie thread got me thinking about this, and I've been asked to re-vamp my club's web site so before I do so I'd like to know what sorts of info you are looking for on a web site? Yes yes I know a web site is not the be-all and end-all but these days, people *do* make decisions on whether or not to pursue options based on the web site so we might as well accept that and use it to our advantage.

I know one thing that the web site will not contain will be the address(es) and times for training. Had issues in the past with people just showing up. We don't own the facilities we use and are lucky to have the access that we do, so we just can't have that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Master Member

I am both a new guy, and in the process of trying to put together a website for our club. So I will be watching this thread.

For what its worth, my idea so far was to have a home page explaining who we are, a page explaining schutzhund, an events page, a member page, a pictures page, and a links page...

I know, real simple... But I am both new to the club and new to making web pages.

Rob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Princess Abigail "Abbie"
Kai (RIP)
Loki (RIP)

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 06:23 PM

I really want to learn more about it, and would like to know that I am welcome to visit and observe. I have looked at several websites in my area, and get the feeling I am supposed to already be an expert before I can join. Can I ask "newbie" questions, and can I make mistakes without feeling like I am being eye rolled by the long standing members?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Crowned Member

Funny, I'm in the middle of redoing our site

Hunter, CWDC UScA Helper
Beschützer des Jägers v.d. Sportwaffen
Katya v. Hügelblick
SG Aska v. Ketscher Wald
Yōkai v.d. Sportwaffen
Arya v. Allrothaus
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Would you not feel welcome if it were clear that visitors are allowed by invitation (we've always had a link where they send an e-mail answering some specific questions) once a month? We're just not in a position to accommodate visitors at any time especially those who are coming to observe rather than bring a dog and be evaluated (not just the dog but we like to see how the owner interacts with the dog and evaluate for an overall club fit).
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 06:57 PM

I wouldn't be offended by the invitation only thing..

I also like to see, members,their dogs, what they've accomplished, what they hope to accomplish..

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Crowned Member

We entertain all visitors, but half the time we are training on a city field so we can't really tell people to leave

Hunter, CWDC UScA Helper
Beschützer des Jägers v.d. Sportwaffen
Katya v. Hügelblick
SG Aska v. Ketscher Wald
Yōkai v.d. Sportwaffen
Arya v. Allrothaus
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterisgreat View Post
We entertain all visitors, but half the time we are training on a city field so we can't really tell people to leave
We train indoors at a private facility that the owner lets us use or outdoors at a police/fire dept. Parking has to be considered at both - at the indoor place because there's just not enough for infinite people and the kennel workers need to come while we're there, and at the police/fire dept b/c we park along the back of the lot and have to park so the fire engines can actually get out. So, like I said, we just can't allow any visitors at any time. It's not that we don't want to, but we have to abide by the conditions of those allowing us to use the facilities. Plus personally, as the one who usually coordinates the visits, I would just feel weird about someone letting me use their facilities and then me having an open invitation for anyone to drop in.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
Would you not feel welcome if it were clear that visitors are allowed by invitation (we've always had a link where they send an e-mail answering some specific questions) once a month? We're just not in a position to accommodate visitors at any time especially those who are coming to observe rather than bring a dog and be evaluated (not just the dog but we like to see how the owner interacts with the dog and evaluate for an overall club fit).
I would feel welcome if I understood why I would have to be invited, as you described above..that makes sense to me. A "how to get started in our club" tab would be what I would look for, and the more information the better.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Crowned Member

Be specific on the accomplishments of the members. It shows attention to detail and shows people at all levels.

In addition, it removes the vagueness seen on some sites. People that claim experience, levels of competition when there is no detail/specifics To me, that is misleading. Most newbies will not research to verify.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page