Best/Good E Collar? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Question Best/Good E Collar?

Both of our Electric Collars are old and no longer hold charge. We are looking into getting a good one for training. What does everyone use? Which is the most popular or best one to get? Do you know of any web site that has good deals?

Thanks!

Carolina Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Crowned Member

I have a Dogtra e-collar.

The 19000 NCP, I have used this collar previously (used a friends to test out) and I loved it!

Dogtra 1900 NCP Field Star - $249.99 : Dog Equipment, Police Dog, Schutzhund, Service Dog, Dog Agility

Hold's a charge for a long time and I like how I can really adjust the current/shock's degree, it has a nick component as well.

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Master Member

I'm sorta shopping for an e-collar too (won't use it for a while yet though).

The dogtra online store has the most details on the different series on all the site I've looked at.
Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Trainer 1900NCP, Dogtra Collar

And the workingdogforum just had a thread about this:
Which E-collar - Working Dog Forum

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the Dogtra 1900NCP as well.

~ Cayla

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth_00117 View Post
I have a Dogtra e-collar.

The 19000 NCP, I have used this collar previously (used a friends to test out) and I loved it!

Dogtra 1900 NCP Field Star - $249.99 : Dog Equipment, Police Dog, Schutzhund, Service Dog, Dog Agility

Hold's a charge for a long time and I like how I can really adjust the current/shock's degree, it has a nick component as well.
This is the one we have and really like it.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 12:16 PM

I have 8 or so of the Dogtra 1900 and even a couple of the older Dogtra 1700. I've used, at one time or another most of them, but I just feel more comfortable with the Dogtra. I don't honestly know if it it is the best or what the best might be. I have though, been very satisfied with the performance, durabiltiy and of course cost of the Dogtra.

DFrost
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 12:54 PM

I just bought the Dogtra 1900NCP for Raider. Based on reviews it seems to be the most versatile and reliable.. Dogtra was recommended by our breeder.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I have an older Dogtra collar that I love (over 10 years old). I didn't like some of the models that came out after that mostly because they tended to vary too much in the stim level from one moment to the next. The newer collars my club members have I again like except for having to put the transmitter to the collar to turn it on (what an idiotic design). I don't know the model numbers of the newer collars. A friend has complained about the dial on the Dogtras turning too easily and that needs to be watched.

I have not cared for the TriTronics collars that I have worked with. I couldn't tell you model numbers. I just found them more difficult to use.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Crowned Member

I'm in the middle of training with a dogtra 280ncp. I follow lou's protocols and it's more than enough power for your average dog. I usually have it set around 20 (out of 127 i believe).

I paid $200 for it shipped btw.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I sent the link to the 19000 NCP to hubby and he saw that a lot of the people complaint that it is too bulky?? Is that true?

Carolina Johnson

post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Master Member

I own the 19000 as well, I LOVE it. I don't find it bulkier than any other ecollar I've used (sportdog, petsafe) and it works very well. I've never had an issue with it. My bosses both use dogtra as well and love them.

www.rescuedrover.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page