Pike del Lupo Nero - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Pike del Lupo Nero

What are your thoughts on this stud dog?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Are you asking about the dog himself or his performance? If the former I will probably move this into the breeding section.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Without picking apart the performance of a dog on the forum (who didn't ask to be put here), I will only say I don't like his guarding in either the blind nor on the field. His H&B sounds good, but I personally find close guarding on the man much more powerful and convincing.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Crowned Member

I liked his tracking and responsiveness in tracking. Much more realistic than footprint to footprint without compromising results.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

I love this dog's intensity. Lisa, you are right, I probably shouldn't have posted this here. If he was my dog, I wouldn't want a bunch of unsolicited criticism.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Crowned Member

Do you guys think the tracking video was sped up? Something seems artificially quick about it......but it coul djust be the quality of the video.

J, mom to:
- Elsa - "Da Pookins"
- Medo - "The Beast From The East"
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 09:09 AM

Looks like a very nice dog. You cant judge the dog in trial....you would have to see it in training to know what it is about.

Many dogs guard a little sleeve side but this was a bit much. Probably had nothing to do with the dog.

I will probably never own a dog this nice.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 08:47 PM

Pike is currently one of the most sought after stud dogs in Germany. Some of the best kennels in Europe are breeding to him, such as: v. Tiekerhook, v.d. Döllenwiese, del Lupo Nero, v.d. Wannaer Höhen, v. dunklen Zwinger, and Anrebri. Pike’s littermate, Polly, was the 2011 SV Universal Siegerin. Three dogs from the P-litter are “V” rated in conformation, SchH3, and KKL1.

His full brother from a previous litter is Nick del Lupo Nero.

Nick is from a litter of four, ALL littermates are titled to at least a SchH2 and have SV a-stamp certified hips and elbows. Nick’s littermates Nox and Nell both competed in the LGA. Both Nox and Nell are also “V” rated in conformation. Nell was retained as a breeding female for the kennel “del Lupo Nero.” Nox was also used quite a bit in Germany before being sold to Thailand and is the father of Drago v. Patriot who, along with Pike, is dominating the breeding scene in Germany. Nick is in Kentucky and a top competition dog in our country.

He is a great dog!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Fitz152, Thank you for posting this and welcome to the forum. I love Pike. He is one of my favorite dogs in Europe right now. I may have an opportunity to acquire a Pike pup later this year or some time next year depending on when my contact in Holland is able to put together the breeding.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Crowned Member

A friend I train with owns Tork del Lupo Nero and he is one of the best dogs I've ever seen. Good aggression, nice tracking and a joy to be around.

Diabla Boroluz, my Daemon; IPO-A1, RH-T A
Akela de Poputchik, my Direwolf; IPO-2, Kkl1
Calais vom Adler Stein; IPO-A1, Kkl1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page