Gsdca sv wusv - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Gsdca sv wusv

Can anyone explain to me the relationship of these entities and the ramifications of such?

Does the financially strapped GSDCA have an obligation to host the WUSV Worlds?

There is lots of grumbling by the GSDCA rank and file about spending money to host the event (no surprise there!!). Does the GSDCA have choice in the hosting? What are the ramifications if they don't?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Crowned Member

The GSDCA certainly has more money than the USCA has. So why would a German Shepherd organization, have a problem with funding the biggest international trial competition for its own breed. Would seem to me to be an honor....something doesn't make sense.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Monetary issues have been at the forefront in the GSDCA. The yearly Nat'l is not a money generating event, membership has been consistently falling, resoirces are shrinking. The membership has been faced with accepting many cost saving changes proposed by the board. Then, they hear of the money outlays for the Worlds and wonder how this can be afforded when t here is so much talk of shrinking resources.

I think very few members are breeding dogs of the type that might aspire to compete in such an event. They may just not relate too well. This is not everyone, but enough that I have noticed opposition being raised.

I am wondering what argument or reasons exist as to why it is important for the GSDCA to host the event?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Crowned Member

Could they just turn it over to UScA?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

I am wondering what argument or reasons exist as to why it is important for the GSDCA to host the event?
This is a service to the membership. Everyone training and breeding GSDs should go to the WUSV Championship. GSDCA-WDA subsidizing their memberships education about the GSD. They have made it so that most people in North America can go to the premier GSD event for under $1000.

And at this point the WUSV would probably sanction the GSDCA-WDA if they tried to pull out at this late date.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

At this late date, I was wondering if there would sanctions? It is getting so close I can't imagine there is much to discuss about yay or nay. Is the GSDCA required to hold this event every so many years? What if they didn't? They rotate with USA currently?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph
UScA is not affiliated with the GSDCA (and since they're competing orgs, I'm sure that would go poorly anyway), so it's not possible for them to turn it over. It would have to go straight to the WDA.

I don't think GSDCA is required...I think they jumped on it because it's the centennial.

Jackie and the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(and one cat)

Strauss: The Patriarch
Wesson: The Grand Champion
Mikasa: The Hellbeast
Soul Eater: The Moon and Stars Dog
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Crowned Member

this is a very very very complex and long standing political hot potato and this thread is just barely touching on the surface....

The GSDCA is the "official" guardian of the GSD in the USA....there is big big big $$$$ in the registration of the breed via AKC and I do not know the portion - if any - that goes back to the GSDCA....but the prestige is all about the FCI official organizaiton.

The USCA is much more in line with the SV than the GSDCA. The WDA is the illigitimate stepchild of the GSDCA - IMHO it serves to placate the international breed standard requirements. For a short time, the GSDCA even had a schutzhund trial - barely - at their nationals....the entries were few and IMO again, just a token to demonstrate to the SV that they were "attempting" to bring the breed back to international standards.

The WUSV is the premier event in the world for the GSD internationally. That the GSDCA - in one of the biggest countries in the world, with literally 10s of 1000s of GSD pups born every year - apparently cannot effectively muster the expertise and money to host this event is pitiful. The USCA put it on 4 years ago in Kentucky, and it was very nicely done. And the USCA does not have the resources of the GSDCA. But the membership was behind it and took great pride in hosting the event. It is sad that the GSDCA has so little interest, funding or actual membership who are "into" this sport.

J M H O

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post

The WUSV is the premier event in the world for the GSD internationally. That the GSDCA - in one of the biggest countries in the world, with literally 10s of 1000s of GSD pups born every year - apparently cannot effectively muster the expertise and money to host this event is pitiful.
Did you take a ride in Doc Brown's DeLorean? The event is a long way away, why can't we just wait and talk crap after it's over?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 11:10 PM
"I like Daffy" Moderator

Quote:
The GSDCA is the "official" guardian of the GSD in the USA....there is big big big $$$$ in the registration of the breed via AKC and I do not know the portion - if any - that goes back to the GSDCA....but the prestige is all about the FCI official organizaiton.
The GSDCA gets no money from the AKC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page