Making the club Official? Advice/help - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to VaBeachFamily Send a message via Yahoo to VaBeachFamily
Making the club Official? Advice/help

Not sure if this is where to put this.. but

Our Schutzhund Club is technically unofficial. Our Training Director is a DVG member, as he used to be the President of North Florida Schutzhund, and he is awesome. They have had so many come and gos, they have put it off. We are now working on our 120 Acre permanent field, and we are going to discuss everything that we are going to have to do to become an official DVG Schutzhund Club. I know that it's somewhere around $70 per person that is paid to the DVG through the club, I know we have to have...I believe a minimum of 6 paying members, dues are due in August?

Would like to learn a bit more about what we get as members ( esp. now that you cannot become an individual member). I also would like to find out what the basic " schutzhund CLUB dues" are. We are going to all meet in the next few weeks, and discuss with comments and suggestions. I have heard everything from $100-$1000 a year in club dues. What do you pay/charge? We meet once a week ( and hopefully we will add one after our permanent field is up).

I would love to learn about it. I could talk to Randy during training, but it's always so hectic, and then during the week I know he works a lot, so I figured I would start here! Thanks

~Kristi in Virginia Beach
Mommy to my 8 year old son... and

~ Cullen Vom Sandstranden, Purebred GSD, Black/Red Male : 12/16/09

~ Panzer Vom Sandstranden, Purebred GSD, Sable Female : 11/29/10

~ Gizmo , Amstaff, Brindle/White Female : 5/5/2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Master Member

Your group might already be past this point: How to Form a DVG America Club
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 12:17 PM

I'd say the average is around 300.00 a year for club dues. It takes 7 full members to start a club. Dues are paid to the KG by Sept. 1 of each year then forwarded. It is prorated but most clubs this late in the year wait until Jan. to activate. For new members the DVG dues are more for the first year.

It'll be nice to have another DVG club that will offer trials.

Keith Jenkins
Excalibur vom Herrschaft SchH3,FH,StP.3,BH,TD
Breitta v. Schwarzen Kobold BH,TR1
Argus von der Aunkst SchH3,BH,AD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to VaBeachFamily Send a message via Yahoo to VaBeachFamily
Thanks for the advice.. yea.. I said 6 people, but only because.. I mean't 6 MORE, because Randy is a member already. Also... $300 isn't that bad. I think we were talking about even going cheaper, just gotta figure it out. As it stands, we charge NOTHING, but if we need a new sleeve, we are all expected to chip in... new blinds, jumps, etc... we are all expected to help with supplies and labor... Not sure how it will go, but I will keep you guys posted.. and we would host Trials, but prob not quite at first.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBeachFamily View Post
Thanks for the advice.. yea.. I said 6 people, but only because.. I mean't 6 MORE, because Randy is a member already.
You will need 7 NEW members. Anyone who is a current DVG member does not count toward the 7.

We charge $200 per year for 1 dog/handler. Additional dogs with the same handler are $50 added on per year.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

OK... And.. in case people are still reading this at all... I have one more question..

Say.. we make our club Official... and we move out of the area ( we are thinking of moving from Virginia Beach to Roanoke next year). What would happen to my membership? Would I have to transfer it to the new club ( my trainer has suggested I train at a club of a friend of his up there, and then if I just happen to visit for the weekend or something I would be more than welcome to train with him ). Just curious how that works?

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBeachFamily View Post
and we move out of the area ( we are thinking of moving from Virginia Beach to Roanoke next year). What would happen to my membership? Would I have to transfer it to the new club ( my trainer has suggested I train at a club of a friend of his up there, and then if I just happen to visit for the weekend or something I would be more than welcome to train with him ). Just curious how that works?
Not sure what you're asking here. If you're asking about your membership in DVG America, then it is good until it expires. As to the local club membership, then you've generally lost whatever is left and would have to join the other club. If it is also a DVG club, then you can just join that club under your current membership with the National club (adhering to the new local clubs procedures as well). If it is a Schutzhund USA club or WDA club, then you have to join whichever parent club and then join the new club. Of course, you can also belong to multiple clubs, many people in our area belong to a Schutzhund USA club and a DVG America club. Our club allows for a "satellite membership" for anyone who lives more than 2 hours away, they are on the club roster but don't pay yearly dues, they pay a set amount each time they can make it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page