Rescue and Titles - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Rescue and Titles

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if a rescue (no registration, no history, ziltch) could obtain titles of any sort in canada? I was thinking of going for her BH when she is ready and getting obed. and tracking titles-I dont think she's a good fit for the protection phase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetal View Post
Hey everyone,I was just wondering if a rescue (no registration, no history, ziltch) could obtain titles of any sort in canada? I was thinking of going for her BH when she is ready and getting obed. and tracking titles-I dont think she's a good fit for the protection phase.

The AKC now has a canine partners program that allows mixed breeds to compete in rally, obedience...and I think there's another catagoy.
AKC Canine Partners. AKC program for Canine Partners.

Check with the CKC for starters, they might have a similar program.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

I forgot to mention shes a full breed German Shepherd, just BRB probably or from a pet store. There is no information from her past except vet records. I'll check out the links and thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

AKC PALs and such don't really apply in this case since 1) it's Canada and 2) these programs don't have any recognition by the SchH organizations.

The US SchH organizations all allow unregistered purebreds as well as mixed breeds to trial. They are only prohibited from some of the large competitions. The scorebook will just say "mix" in these cases. Even purebreds, if not registered and thus not proven purebred, will say "mix", but they can still trial and earn titles.

I would think the Canadian SchH organizations would be the same, but the best way to make sure would just be to contact them and ask.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Crowned Member

Lucia's mixed breed has SchH titles and she is in Canada.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Knighted Member

Should be no problem with the DVG, or GSSCC.
Think you just need to identified with a microchip or Tattoo.

For CKC OB or tracking Events you can get a Performance Event Number.

Quote:
A PEN number allows an unregisterable dog of a CKC recognized breed to participate in competitive events that are appropriate for the breed. To apply for a PEN, you must complete a CKC Performance Event Number Application and submit the form along with the following requirements:
1. Two recent and clear photographs of the dog in standing position, one full frontal view and one full profile. The photographs are to be signed and dated by a veterinarian confirming type of breed and size of dog. (i.e., 20" Golden Retriever.)
2. A veterinary certificate confirming that the dog has been spayed or neutered.
3. A statement as to why the dog cannot be properly registered with the CKC.
4. The dog must be identified with a CKC approved microchip.
5. If the dog is co-owned, all co-owners must sign the application.
6. The appropriate fee, as noted in the CKC Fee Schedule.
Shows & Trials

Good Luck!!

http://www.gsscc.ca/

OTCH SG1 (CAN) Deejay von Hausnobilis UD HIT CGN
~A Well-Balanced Dog has Titles at Both Ends~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fayanna vom Wildhaus CGN

Last edited by Deejays_Owner; 08-30-2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Added GSSCC link
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Knighted Member

Lies is right. Not that there was ever any doubt
Mixed breeds have no difficulties getting titled as long as they're permanently marked.
I saw another purebred being registered as a mix just the other day.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Crowned Member

I think people sometimes do that here with USA because they require you to register dogs of a certain with them AND get a scorebook, but if the dog is a "mix" or isn't AKC/SV registered then you can't or don't have to. That's how I would get Kenya's scorebook if I ever get around to her BH.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
I think people sometimes do that here with USA because they require you to register dogs of a certain with them AND get a scorebook, but if the dog is a "mix" or isn't AKC/SV registered then you can't or don't have to.
You can also get a scorebook for a registered purebred dog from DVG and it will state the breed in the scorebook.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 09:13 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
I think people sometimes do that here with USA because they require you to register dogs of a certain with them AND get a scorebook, but if the dog is a "mix" or isn't AKC/SV registered then you can't or don't have to. That's how I would get Kenya's scorebook if I ever get around to her BH.
A GSD does NOT have to be registered with USA to get a scorebook. That is only required for conformation shows and the USA GSD Nationals.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Last edited by lhczth; 08-31-2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Clarification
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page