Sch today - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Sch today

Hey Folks, twice I have written posts on this subject and when i clicked on submit i got an couldnot connect message and lost the post. Is this my computer??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

This time it went through....too tired to write it again now...sorry for the above.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Write the message in Word or even in an email, then copy and paste it on the board. That way if it you have problems your post is not lost.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Elite Member

I think this is some sort of Cliff-hanger! So write it one more time as the suspense is going to be killing us now!

Here is a threat to produce some drive.....onyx'girl, JasonL, Samba and I can just as easily point our short yellow bus toward New Jersey rather than California for some training. Both JasonL and I have done some suit work...so we're a couple of hunks of ready meat.

Have you guys ever been to NJ? It gets a bad wrap from New Yorkers, but in reality it has some wonderful areas to visit...and excellent sea food....ROAD TRIP!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BH RN CGC TT HD/ED a1 Normal
Dayna von Royale BH FO CGC Therapy Dogs, Inc.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
I think this is some sort of Cliff-hanger!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Knighted Member

I am going to hijack his topic. I found this while surfing around on youtube.

I think SchH today should switch to this kind of tracking. If they would change this, I would have Miles and Miles of tracking areas to train on instead of the one or two places that are available now.

Anne

Last edited by Vandal; 08-29-2010 at 08:06 PM.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Crowned Member

Oh yes, variable surface tracking. That would be good. The first surface my pup was introduced to was a parking lot.

I think the AKC TD is going to allow for an "urban" TD also. There are many places that just do not have tracts of land for tracking fields so things have to "modernize".
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Knighted Member

I forgot who was saying it, (some SchH big wig type a few years back), .....was talking about how they were considering going to scent discrimination like the AKC, where they have to select the article with their owner's scent. The reason was the lack of sufficient tracking areas.

This looks like a much better way to continue the tracking phase.

Anne

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Elite Member

I vote for carpet tracking, then I could train in my living room.

Amy
Bison (Indo vom Triton) CGC
Grizzly vom Buchonia
RIP- Bear*Gator*Moose

- God/Dog Blog
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Crowned Member

I thought I'd never say this but... now spring is arriving I miss tracking. I had to stop with Diabla, ironically, because she is too good at it and loves it too much and was interfering with other task that are more important for the plans I have for her right now. When I started in tracking I read a lot about SchH tracking and received good advice, but about what surface track in... that I never listened. My SAR background was stronger and I tracked just where I was and when I had the time, be it in a gravel parking lot at 4 PM if needed. That and the fact that my desert pup met the grass at 14 months old meant that by 2 years old I was facing other problems with her tracking, but she could do it practically wherever I wanted.

Diabla Boroluz, my Daemon; IPO-A1, RH-T A
Akela de Poputchik, my Direwolf; IPO-2, Kkl1
Calais vom Adler Stein; IPO-A1, Kkl1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page