If you were designing a dream SchH field? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

If you were designing a dream SchH field?

If you were designing a dream SchH field/training location from scratch, what amenities would you incorporate into the plan?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BH RN CGC TT HD/ED a1 Normal
Dayna von Royale BH FO CGC Therapy Dogs, Inc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Crowned Member

Our club was entertaining the idea of a swim up bar (and the pool, goes without saying). I was just trying to rally support for a picnic table!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Elite Member

1. Tracking space and a field together
2. Indoor space for winter training
3. A club house with a place to view videos
4. A kitchenette
5. Flush toilets!
6. A temperature controlled kennel for the dogs to stay in while they wait their turn for training
7. Adequate parking
8. Covered area for observation with comfy seating
9. An espresso machine
10. NO MOSQUITOES!

P.S. Bison says to add a gravy fountain

Amy
Bison (Indo vom Triton) CGC
Grizzly vom Buchonia
RIP- Bear*Gator*Moose

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- God/Dog Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Knighted Member

A biergarten!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Crowned Member

- A kids park with monkey bars and swings and all that stuff so parents can relax knowing where their children are and that they are not dead bored while the grown ups have fun
- Barbecue is a must
- A field with agility equipment, just for fun.
- A couple of bedrooms for people coming from other areas for trials and seminars.
- Shelves with dog books and DVDs that people donate at the club once read or seen for member access.

Diabla Boroluz, my Daemon; IPO-A1, RH-T A
Akela de Poputchik, my Direwolf; IPO-2, Kkl1
Calais vom Adler Stein; IPO-A1, Kkl1
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 06:31 AM

As far as the field itself goes, I would want something that was correctly sized with proper drainage, and lights. Shade is always nice in the parking area. A solid wall, and jump that both will adjust in height are good to have.

A good sized club heated club house with running water, toilet, and some food/beer is very nice to have.

I hope this helps,
Al Govednik
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
6. A temperature controlled kennel for the dogs to stay in while they wait their turn for training
Beware. If you make training at your home field too comfortable you might have a hard time training/trialing your dog at other places cause its not the same.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Crowned Member

I don't mind not having too many luxuries b/c I'm there to train, on my feet almost the entire time even when it's not my turn, but what was nice about our place was we had a large field (trial size but on the large end), nice trailer to keep all the equipment at the field, a building for inclement weather, and a real bathroom. That's really all I need. Some sort of shade/pavilion would have been nice so we didn't have to put up the Easy-Ups all the time. I'd rather have a good field that is actually level, drains, and isn't full of rocks/roots/holes. Our current field is not really level but has less holes than the old one and drains better b/c it's sandy/gravel under the cover.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 08:34 AM
Crowned Member

The outdoor fields have already been addressed, and for the most part easy to find.
With the weather changing to whats ahead~ an indoor arena would be really nice.
Most training facilities only have room to set up one blind.

I remember Lucia(Castlemaid) posted pics training in an airplane hangar. That was a a sweet place for winter training. Lotsa room, soft dirt floor for the dogs.

Or this would be ideal, of course it is someone elses dream:
Let A Dream Become Reality!
February 2, 2010

Just imagine. You walk into a spacious club house where people have gathered to chat and share good times. You notice immediately that the main gathering areas are well furnished and complete with kitchen, bathrooms, and other comforts designed to welcome visitors from the US and all over the world.
A short tour of the offices gives you the impression of order and organization. You see USA staff members answering questions and helping people with documents and paperwork right out of their ample desks and computer centers.
After a little while of friendly encounters you walk out the back to continue your discovery. Immediately to your right you see a large indoor-arena. As you enter the building you are faced with row after row of chairs and conference-style tables prepared for the upcoming general board meeting. Someone explains that the setup is designed to be easily converted to any type of large group gathering such as what is needed during draw night, banquets, seminars, or other celebrations or educational programs. A small room reveals podiums, wide projection screens, monitors and other media equipment ready for all tasks.
A wide door leads you out to the open fields where the real excitement begins. A breath of fresh air hits you as you look into the distance and recognize instantly two perfectly manicured training and exhibition fields complete with bleachers, lighting, and well defined features designed specifically for the German Shepherd related sports.
A large flag of the organization flies proudly at the entrance of the performance fields along with flags of other nations decorating the space with the kind of festive atmosphere that says: “Welcome to the United Schutzhund Clubs of America”.
Your flight in was easy, directions clear and the airport of arrival, a short distance from the center. You already checked into the main hotel only a few minutes away. As you sit and take the whole new experience in you simply wonder how we could have done it all those years without a central location such as this.
Too ideal?, Too much of a dream? The executive board along with members at large are already working on this plan. A huge undertaking indeed, but it can be done. We will of course need a lot of help and support from the membership, particularly from the Mid Western area where we think this facility should be located.
Please contact us and let us know your thoughts. Perhaps you know of a property that could suit us. The location should be no less than 10 acres of even and level terrain. It must also be zoned for agricultural or industrial use. It should be located within one and a half hours of a decent airport and within 45 minutes of adequate hotels and other urban centers. If water and electricity are already in place it would be of great help.
http://germanshepherddog.com/members/index.htm

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18

Last edited by onyx'girl; 08-25-2010 at 08:42 AM.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
As far as the field itself goes, I would want something that was correctly sized with proper drainage, and lights. Shade is always nice in the parking area. A solid wall, and jump that both will adjust in height are good to have.

A good sized club heated club house with running water, toilet, and some food/beer is very nice to have.

I hope this helps,
Al Govednik
Big Al! I take it you and Marsha made it home safe and sound?? Thank you again for an awesome weekend of training. I learned a great deal, but had even more fun.

BH RN CGC TT HD/ED a1 Normal
Dayna von Royale BH FO CGC Therapy Dogs, Inc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page