Schutzhund Tests - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Question Schutzhund Tests

What do you do to see if your dog can do Schutzhund? What are some of the things I guess helpers ? Would do to see if the dog is game? Me and my husband talked to a local cop in the next town over. He has the bite suit and a few other things and used to have a dog (GSD) that did bite work. But jus quit. And he couldent get the dog to bite any more. But anyway he said to see if my dog would even bite. was to TIE HER TO A TABLE WITH A VERY SHORT LEAD. AND POKE HER WITH A STICK TILL SHE COMES AFTER YOU! And if she did not come at you she could not do it and get rid of the dog and get another. I wanted to ask him if he was crazy. I thought it sounded horrible how is that gunna help the dog. She would hate me if I did that. Is this cop nuts or do they reallly do this. If I have to poke Bella with sticks till she comes at me I will do agility insted.

~Christen
REBEL~PIT BULL
BATISTA~SHAR PEI
BANDIT~CHI/YORKIE
GABE~RAT TERRIE/CORGIE
ANGLE~RAT TERRIER/CORGIE
PEPPER~RAT TERRIER
HONEY~CHIHUHUHA
REBA~ENGLISH BULLDOG
OLIVER~MUTT
CHEWIE~POM MIX
LEVI~PAP/CHI
SISSY~MUTT
LUCY~WHENIER MIX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 01:27 AM

Hmm that seems odd why would you want to irritate your dog to the point it comes after you? Although I use to treat the cop dogs when i was working at one vet hospital and boy are those dogs crazy maybe that is why lol sticks. I am interested to hear the answer to this one myself
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 01:34 AM
Master Member

Get an old hand towel and tie a piece of string to it. Let your dog see the towel, then suddenly jerk it away from her. If she chases and tries to catch the towel, that is a good sign. If/when she catches it, play an easy game of tug of war with her (be careful of her teeth if she's young). Then let the towel go limp. Let her run around with it if she wants. When she drops the towel, jerk the towel away from her and start the game over.

Police dog training and Schutzhund training have different goals in mind. Simplified, Schutzhund is to street K9 work as boxing is to a fight in an alley behind a bar. A Schutzhund dog has rules to follow, and must perform in a certain way to get a good score. A police canine must win the fight, period. Table training used on the wrong dog may produce a fear biter, which of course wouldn't be good.

"What's there to dominate when your dog is well trained and it does what you ask??" - DoggieDad

Last edited by Hunther's Dad; 07-24-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

She LOVES LOVES LOVES her flirt pole I can get her to drop everything for it. And wouldn't pokeing her make her HATE ME and not trust me in anyway. Bella is FA right now she's 8months. But is doing better as long as I'm close and on lead shell allow a few people interations. Pokeing her till she's insane angry at me would not help her in the least. But make her far worse and dangours. Like Mrs K. And her Boy I think I need the right helper to bring it out of her. I am so :happy: to hear that that's not normal.

~Christen
REBEL~PIT BULL
BATISTA~SHAR PEI
BANDIT~CHI/YORKIE
GABE~RAT TERRIE/CORGIE
ANGLE~RAT TERRIER/CORGIE
PEPPER~RAT TERRIER
HONEY~CHIHUHUHA
REBA~ENGLISH BULLDOG
OLIVER~MUTT
CHEWIE~POM MIX
LEVI~PAP/CHI
SISSY~MUTT
LUCY~WHENIER MIX
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 05:27 AM
Crowned Member

No wonder his dog quit. Stay away from that guy!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
What do you do to see if your dog can do Schutzhund?
Simple!!! Go to a club and have them eval the dog..

Leesa~

Chaos v. Wildhaus, SchH2, OB3 (HOT) Forever in my heart ~ Bismark v. Wildhaus, SchH1 (HOT) ~ Kougar v. Wolfstraum, IPO 1, CGC (HOT)... Oberon v. Wildhaus, BH (HOT)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

G-burg that's what I wanna do. But I don't want my baby tied to a table and poked eather. I was curious what REAL helpers to for a dog. Not some. Prick with little syndrome. That abuses the dogs to get them to fight you. That cop is a jerk always has been. We talked to him cuz he's had a GSD and a Mal. And all the equopment and wanted to see what he had to say. Now I wish I had never talked to him. I hate to think if the So called training his poor dogs had/got. The closest club I found to me is tulsa. I'm looking for one closer if I can find it. I really think something like this would be good for Bella IF I find the right way to get her started.

~Christen
REBEL~PIT BULL
BATISTA~SHAR PEI
BANDIT~CHI/YORKIE
GABE~RAT TERRIE/CORGIE
ANGLE~RAT TERRIER/CORGIE
PEPPER~RAT TERRIER
HONEY~CHIHUHUHA
REBA~ENGLISH BULLDOG
OLIVER~MUTT
CHEWIE~POM MIX
LEVI~PAP/CHI
SISSY~MUTT
LUCY~WHENIER MIX
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Crowned Member

I saw that there are clubs in Sand Springs, Tulsa and OKC. Are there any others?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

That person was either an abusive idiot or he was trying to discourage you by telling you a bunch of nonsense. Find a SchH club, go out and watch the training and then ask them to test your dog.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Crowned Member

What Lisa said. Find a club, check them out, and ask them to evaluate your dog. Yes, some dogs do table work and the advanced dogs do get stick hits, but never the way the cop was telling you and never for a new dog.

Elaine and the herd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page