Emotional Rollercoaster - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Emotional Rollercoaster

So I haven't been doing any work since the "incident".

Today I went to my usual dog club and I talked to my helper. He told me that the helper from the other club doesn't have the sensual feeling for dogs like that and that he had quite some dog handlers from that club because that helper couldn't handle those dogs.

I know I can believe my helper. Today Yukon was better than ever before. I wished I would have had the camera with me but I forgot it in the clicker room.

He said that if I wanted to continue we (could it be? Is he going to continue training me and my dogs until we leave? THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!) would have to start doing more and train at least twice a week in Schutzhund now.

It's like an emotional rollercoaster. Two weeks ago I wanted to quit completely because the other helper managed to shut him down in two minutes and today he showed that he's got it in him!

Man, I am telling you, I am more stressed out than the dog. Maybe I shouldn't worry so much...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Master Member

Go with the flow and see where it takes you.

~ Leigh ~
Volunteer Coordinator
Southeast German Shepherd Rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ava LaRue GSD 3/2/10
Chewy Shih Tzu 1/9/04
Toby Shih Tzu 12/26/07
Abby 18 yr old Lab R.I.P.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Yeah, I have to do that. Next time I am definitely taking the camera.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 03:59 AM

Good luck with everything. Ive been reading your threads. I hope it all works out. I just started my Schutzhund with my pup.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Banned

STOP BEING SUCH A WIMPY CRYBABY!!!

I'm sure you have had worse things than this happen in your life and you got through them. Schutzhund is full of disappointments and that's just part of the game. What will make you successful is rebounding from those disappointments. You can work through this or you can quit....but for the love of god quit whining!!!

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Knighted Member

That was mean or just a form of sarcasm I'm totally missing?
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Banned

Tough love
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Wow...am I supposed to be impressed?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Knighted Member

No your not,lol tact is a gift not everyone has been given
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Eh, it's okay. He totally missed the point anyway. I was impressed about Yukon since he shut down a couple of weeks ago and am hoping that my helper doesn't quit in August because he said that we have to start working twice a week and not just once IF I want to continue.

I was stressing over the whole thing, that I know but only because I am under a lot of pressure because a lot of people want to see me fail.

I was even told that I don't belong at a dog club because of my weight and that I am not considered athletic and that I'd be never titling a dog not speaking of passing the BH at all...

Oh and yes, Fast...if I want to let off steam I will let it out. I've learned a long time ago that it is not healthy to bottle it up and keep it inside. I am not the only one writing about mishaps and progress and I won't let anyone tell me what I can write about and what I can't write about, except for moderators and admins.

If you don't like it, don't read it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page