New Hope - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Banned

New Hope

Never realized that in the US he is considered a legend. My pups breeder is the vice president of the SV OG Tengen and Juergen Ritzi is the president.

So I figured, since I can't trust most of the helpers out here, the one and only person that has an interest in building up my puppy the right way would be her breeder. So I called Mr. Ritzi and explained the situation.

It took me three hours to get there. A low prize for all the information I received. It was the best decision I have ever made. He and his son took the time to show me how they work. How they build dogs up and WHY they are building them up that way. They watched the video of my pups last Schutzhund session and than they showed me how they do it.

What they are doing has absolutely nothing to do with Schutzhund at all and I like it!
It's prey games and advanced tug-o-war. They build, build and build some more solid&sound drive and don't even do Schutzhund that early. Plus they explained to me that it is a dog handlers responsibility to do that as a homework and than they showed me how I can do it myself until I come back for the next training session.

I wished I would have went there from the beginning. I wished I would have made that decision way earlier. She could be much further than she is right now. Than they showed me how they do the Obedience work. There were quite a few moments where I was like "OoOOOoh NOW I understand!"

It's crazy, I know how they used to train more than 15 years ago. While other clubs are still stuck with the "old methods" they have moved forward and adopted new methods. Methods I can fullheartedly agree with and it was exactly what I was looking for.

I was looking for somebody that can give me something I can work with. Somebody that explains me why he is doing what he is doing.

Later on he went home to get his notebook. It was like a Seminar.

Now I wish we had more time left in Germany.

When my dad saw the last video he was like "She shows nothing. She is way to passive."
Mr.Ritzi and his son said the very same thing and than his son did some prey games with her and she was working and pro-active. He uses the same concept as you use in clicker training just without the clicker.

Now I feel comfortable and safe. I feel well taken care off and that I finally learned something. From now on I am trying to go there at least twice a month and I guarantee you that I learn more by going there twice a month than I'd learn at any other club where i'd have the chance to go like four times a week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Knighted Member

That is so cool! Congrats on finding someone you are happy with

Nadia - GSD -DOB 12-29-07
Zisso - GSD- DOB 9-16-07
Pepe & Kiki`my sweet kitties

Zisso is my heart~Nadia is my Love~My kitties bring me everything in between~Together they bring me Joy!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Master Member

That is AWESOME news!!! I am so happy for you!!! Hopefully you will learn enough from them that when you move to the US, you AND your dogs will have the confidence you need to find that right handlers to work with!!!

~ Leigh ~
Volunteer Coordinator
Southeast German Shepherd Rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ava LaRue GSD 3/2/10
Chewy Shih Tzu 1/9/04
Toby Shih Tzu 12/26/07
Abby 18 yr old Lab R.I.P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page