I want to cry... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I want to cry...

Since my helper quits in August I had to look for a new helper and I really thought I found somebody who is working with Yukon and me on building him up more.

He managed to make him completely shut down in two minutes. I want to cry. I told him how he is worked, I asked him to come with us to talk to the helper who is working him right now and he refused.

That's it. It was the last time I went there, I will NOT allow a man to destroy all the work we have put into that dog. I am hoping that he recovered from it by wednesday.

I don't know what to do when my helper quits in August. I hope that a friend of my parents will take the time, watch all the videos and continue what my helper has started. He is the only helper I can trust besides the one I am having right now.

It feels like you can barely trust any helper with your dogs. That is the experience I made over here. We have so many clubs, sometimes four or five in one town but you just can't trust anybody because they either talk your dogs down, are not good enough or (thats the feeling I have) screw your dogs up on purpose...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Master Member

Aww Mrs. K, I'm so sorry you are having a hard time with helpers. When your current helper quits in August, can that person still help you out or are they moving away or something?

I think you are definatly doing the right thing by not taking Yukon back to a helper that will make things go backwards instead of forwards.

~ Leigh ~
Volunteer Coordinator
Southeast German Shepherd Rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ava LaRue GSD 3/2/10
Chewy Shih Tzu 1/9/04
Toby Shih Tzu 12/26/07
Abby 18 yr old Lab R.I.P.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I am hoping he will keep helping me out. I can understand if he doesn't. He isn't moving away, it's because of his age and I can fully understand that.

I am wondering if it wouldn't be the best to quit with Schutzdienst. I have the feeling that I won't get very far. I'd love to do it with the little one but they more I think about it they more I have the feeling that it's just not worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Knighted Member

Does he have a person he is recommending his clients to???? If you trust this helper I would have him help you find a good match...??

Renee'

Jake 2/12/10 CGC TDI
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Banned

There is a helper that will replace him but they don't start working anytime soon. I just don't want it to end with a bad experience. I can't believe this happened. It's pretty much my fault. I let it happen. I should have stayed home...
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Crowned Member

Been there, done that.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Banned

And you know whats the worst part. I should have never let him do this to him. i should have walked away the minute I saw that he doesn't do what I asked him to.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Crowned Member

Me too in a different way-no one has ever harmed my dog I try and tell myself that things worked out the way they were supposed to and we have found some other fun things to do so that has been good. Maybe your current helper can work with someone or reccommend someone-Oh its not your fault its just what happened
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned

holland it is my fault. I should have said something and walked away. I let it happen and that is my fault. I could have stopped it but I didn't and that makes me responsible for what happened today.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.K View Post
holland it is my fault. I should have said something and walked away. I let it happen and that is my fault. I could have stopped it but I didn't and that makes me responsible for what happened today.
I think its called experience and maybe your dog is stronger than you think Hope you are able to find someone you feel comfortable with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page