USCA Dues Increase - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Banned

USCA Dues Increase

Word on the street is that USCA is planning to raise dues to $100. Is this true? What is the reason for the increase?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Crowned Member

I belong to the http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/GrassrootsUSA and there is discussion of the dues going up 67%, maybe join that and get in on the discussion~or just lurk like I do!

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Crowned Member

...they need money, I would assume?

"While expenses have been cut in many areas, the only way to balance this budget and keep services that we are all used to is by increasing our dues."

USA - Member News
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

"While expenses have been cut in many areas, the only way to balance this budget and keep services that we are all used to is by increasing our dues."

USA - Member News

This would be my guess. With the all the nonsense with WDA I imagine membership has gone down. I would think that to maintain the budget with less members they are consequently going to have to charge members more.

Bianka vom Eisernen Loewen IPO3, CGC, TC 1-3-08
Cade vom Eisernen Loewen IPO1, CGC 3-25-09
D'Artagnan (Tag) vom Eisernen Loewen BH 2-2-10
G Aiko von Burkndeiros SchH 3, IPO3, FH, TC, KKL2 9-17-02 (Retired)

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Crowned Member

They also want to build the dream USA home, takes more than raising dues for that.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
I belong to the GrassrootsUSA : Grassroots USA and there is discussion of the dues going up 67%, maybe join that and get in on the discussion~or just lurk like I do!
Thanks I'll check it out.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Yup, dues are going up.

I have mixed feelings on it. Dues haven't been increased in eons, whereas inflation has hit everything else, so in a sense it is past time for a dues increase.

But at the same time I find the timing disturbing. The JA has caused membership loss, then there is the whole "field of dreams" thing which part of me still thinks is more than anything a ploy to distract members from the JA fiasco (and even if it's not is this economy really the time to be thinking about it??), and overall a lot of discontent amongst many members in the organization as a whole. When morale is low and people everywhere are already financially strapped due to the economy, it's a poor time to ask people to pay more to belong to the organization. Especially with what constitutes a pretty significant increase.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

USA - Member News
They balanced their budget last year and they increased fees on everything last year. And the services mentioned above are paid for by fees for those services. Why would they need more money?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Crowned Member

"the downturn in the economy, the loss of corporate sponsorship, and a decrease in income in other areas, including membership, we are faced with a budget that in order to balance will require either a dramatic decrease in expenses and services or an increase in income."

We are faced with antiquated equipment and software at the USA Office and a website in desperate need of replacement.

it is long overdue. USCA has not increased our dues in the last 14 years, since 1996. Inflation alone has reduced the buying power of the US dollar from 1996 to 2010 by almost 40%. The average item that cost you $60.00 in 1996 now costs you $83.50. Essentially, the cost of running the organization has increased by 40% over the last 14 years, while our revenue has remained flat. We have been able to accomplish this by “doing more with less.”

USA - Member News

Maybe they could get with Purina who has lots of acreage at Purina Farms. They just built the premier dog showing event center in the US, opening in Sept. There is room for tracking, there is a heated and cooled dock diving arena, there is a sheep facility and herding set up in place. If they could promise utilization, then perhaps a premier field could be set up. No need to own a home field then.

Last edited by Samba; 07-08-2010 at 10:56 AM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Crowned Member

Do you mean USA dues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page