ATTN Hampton Roadesians: Question about protection training - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

ATTN Hampton Roadesians: Question about protection training

Hopefully I am not placing this question/thread in the wrong category. My apologies to the ops if this is the case.
u
My question is directed to anyone in Hampton Roads, VA. Have you had had your GSD trained fr protection? If so, do you have any advise on trainers (please im me if there is an issue). My wife and I are looking to have our GSD protection trained. We want to be able to use someone that is reputable and proven. Any information would be greatly apprciated.

Thanks in advance,

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 07:30 PM

There are some Schutzhund trainers in VA Beach. There are a few people on the forums from that area with expierience with the groups. They may not be on during the weekend but if you keep watching you will see them.

Dogs:
Akira-7-8 y/o Mutt
Munchkin-N/A y/o Sh-it-zu
Reno-2yr old GSD GOOFBALL
Persephone-16 month old GSD TERROR
Orcan-waiting for me at the bridge
Cats:
Mitzie- 1 y/o spoiled brat
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 09:08 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrappler View Post
Hopefully I am not placing this question/thread in the wrong category. My apologies to the ops if this is the case.
u
My question is directed to anyone in Hampton Roads, VA. Have you had had your GSD trained fr protection? If so, do you have any advise on trainers (please im me if there is an issue). My wife and I are looking to have our GSD protection trained. We want to be able to use someone that is reputable and proven. Any information would be greatly apprciated.

Thanks in advance,

John
I'm going to try to move this into the Sch/PPD section so you may get more answers.

Having a trained Protection dog or Schutzund dog takes TONS AND TONS of our time as owners. Cause we have to learn to do the training so our dog is what we want and not a liability that can't be trusted and ends up locked in a yard/kennel it's entire life. And since my family and everything I care about is IN my house, that's not what I want (protection in an outdoor kennel?) unless I'm willing to put the tons of time and weekly training in to do it right.

Frankly, a calm, socialized, obedience trained GSD is all the vast majority of us need. This is much more manageable for our lives. And all the family, friends, neighbors know that you have a dog that will allow them in the house.

But the mass murderers, rapists and burglars only know you have a BIG SCARY GSD in the house that is barking at them, and or staring at them, and they don't know when it will be going for their throat!

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page