Schutzhund Club needed - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Schutzhund Club needed

Hey there,
we are about to move from Germany to the States anytime soon. Our options are either ft. Riley, KS or ft. Drum, NY. Since we have to make a decision really soon I need to find out if there are any Schutzhund Clubs around either one of those places. I already checked the internet but couldn't find anything.
Thanx in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Did you check the United SchH Clubs of America, DVG America and GSDCA-WDA websites? All of these orgnizations list their member clubs and locations of those clubs on their websites.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Jep checked them all. Are those like the only places in the States where there is no dog club around?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Crowned Member

I can tell you that the closest SchH clubs near Ft. Drum are going to be either Rochester or Albany. Yes, stinks. Only reason I haven't started up with the sport.

I imagine you're a little closer to Rochester, but it will probably still be around a 3 hour drive.

If I recall, there aren't ANY WDA clubs in the entire state of NY?

J, mom to:
- Elsa - "Da Pookins"
- Medo - "The Beast From The East"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Well that really stinks. I guess Ft Drum is out of question then. Hope it is better in KS. If not we'll have to extend here in germany there are dog clubs around every corner.

Proud owner of
Uska vom Salztalblick
Caja von der Schiffslache
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned

It looks like we are going to FT Drum. It's the only spot that is open for his MOS. The branch manager said to check back in a couple of weeks but I doubt there'll be anything else open.

Stinks that the next club is 3 hours away but I guess I don't have much of a choice then, unless there are enough people to open a new club around Drum...

Last edited by Mrs.K; 04-03-2010 at 12:43 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briska View Post
Hey there,
we are about to move from Germany to the States anytime soon. Our options are either ft. Riley, KS or ft. Drum, NY. Since we have to make a decision really soon I need to find out if there are any Schutzhund Clubs around either one of those places. I already checked the internet but couldn't find anything.
Thanx in advance
If you are going to Drum you'd be at least not the only Schutzhundler
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.K View Post
It looks like we are going to FT Drum. It's the only spot that is open for his MOS. The branch manager said to check back in a couple of weeks but I doubt there'll be anything else open.

Stinks that the next club is 3 hours away but I guess I don't have much of a choice then, unless there are enough people to open a new club around Drum...
If you get something together between Ft. Drum and the Syracuse metro area, I might actually get to start the sport. Brewerton, anyone??

J, mom to:
- Elsa - "Da Pookins"
- Medo - "The Beast From The East"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Crowned Member

there is some schutzhund - both clubs and private groups in that general area of NY - I think both Kansas and Nebraska are pretty limited..........heck most of the US is pretty limited- maybe 300 -350 clubs in the whole COUNTRY

If your hubby is a helper - you will have no problem getting some others to work with - that is the BIG problem here - very very few good helpers............

3 hours is probably just a little above average for training here - under a 100 miles to a good training group is a bonus

SIGH

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Banned

How can we find out about the private clubs? It would be great if we could get in contact with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page