Bring that here! C'mon... puleeeez? - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

An idea came to me that maybe being on a line or leash was making it worse. I took the tug out with him free and he was much more active and willing to stay on four feet to tug! If he did lay down with it, I just turned and walked away and he quickly got up to get me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Yeah, I don't know. I could try to let him have a tug toy more, but it would get destroyed. Perhaps it has a high value to him currently whereas the regular "toss" toys don't so much.

I can see it now... he gets the sleeve slipped and I am dragging 80 lbs of dog and sleeve through the grass on his side. Run around, run around...

I am thinking he needs to learn this laying down thing is not going to cut it.
True...True... He finally took out the "house tug" last week, the handle came off and the guts were starting to come out the middle. He doesn't really play with it much on his own. He has been known to use it as a pillow though.

Amy
Bison (Indo vom Triton) CGC
Grizzly vom Buchonia
RIP- Bear*Gator*Moose

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- God/Dog Blog
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

We have more standing near and holding the tug and I can praise and pet him and then take hold and tug some. So far not jumping up in front and coming into me but I will keep encouraging that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Knighted Member

Maybe do what they do with flyball dogs and tug in a narrow hallway ... eliminate options. I don't know ... Ike won't return the tug to me either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page